16th June 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #61  
Flag Cortland NY
Thanks Meter: 58

341 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooosty

Okay so let me start with size.

Huge. And very hefty. I'm thinking it weighs about 2.5 - 3 lbs. This thing is like a workout weight. Maybe even possible to use as a defensive weapon against rape and muggings.

One handed use. Don't even think about it. Haha

Feel. It's a nice matte feel . I can see some of the paint already peeling . So the raw aluminum should be visible within a month or so ?

The rubber padding on the back allows great grip for holding and laying down.

Screen protector. Feels awesome. It's glass and advertises as Corning GG. I'm not a fan of the plastic variants but I can add that this one feels almost like the actual screen. No complaints here.
Sound. This is where I was unsure of the product. The design of the speaker grill cover distorts the sound A LOT. It's tolerable on medium but at max sound level the sound waves get distorted and sound very bad.

The bottom speaker grill design directs the sound out of the case which also distorts tremendously.

Overall this could be a deal breaker for me as I listen to my speakers quite often.

Call quality is still good. For earphone talking it'll do. But on speaker it is very distorted .

The other side heard me well.

Overall quality . For being a Chinese product and having a design that looks complicating , it is actually quite good for the price of $23 shipped.

It's kind of like a iron man suit for our phones haha.

Some other info....the USB port cover looks very weak. Weak as in it looks like it will rip off soon if it is aggressively pulled out too many times.

I haven't got to try GPS and WiFi etc because honestly I don't know how to conduct those tests. But they SEEM like they are working as normal. :thumbup:

HTC M8

I just recieved mine, and i had the real lunatik taktik on my i4, which was made out of polycarbonate. this is a realllllllll beastie case. i think my biggest hangup is actually the sound being distorted, i may remove the gortex membrane and see if it helps any. i lost -6dB with it off versus being on (-94 to -100) for signal. hasnt seemed to affect my 4g. ill see if it will grow on me.
18th June 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #62  
Flag asheville, N.C.
Thanks Meter: 87

618 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok so after having this case on for a few days.. I gotta say ..Damn if u think ur phone is heavy, throw it in this case for awhile and it'll come out light as a feather!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th June 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #63  
Thanks Meter: 94

492 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua54

Ok so after having this case on for a few days.. I gotta say ..Damn if u think ur phone is heavy, throw it in this case for awhile and it'll come out light as a feather!

This thing is pretty heavy haha

HTC M8
21st June 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 94

492 posts
Getting rid of mine. The sound distortion is intolerable.

HTC M8
22nd June 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #65  
Flag asheville, N.C.
Thanks Meter: 87

618 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yea mines only gonna be used for music festivals lol

24th June 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #66  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 28

191 posts
More
Yeah, the heavier ones are good for outdoors activities. I would completely recommend having a few different ones for different occasions.
2nd July 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #67  
Thanks Meter: 1

51 posts
I've just ordered one of these cases for when I ride my bicycle. Don't think it'll be good for everyday use, but I'm willing to give it a try. I don't care about the sound distortion though as I use Bluetooth headphones nearly all the time anyway.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread