Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more
Post Reply

First International ROM supporting WiFi Calling

OP Docmjldds

11th May 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #1  
Docmjldds's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Henderson, NV
Thanks Meter: 426
 
4,208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Just saw this. If it's true it will be the first one I have seen that does support WiFi calling.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2732110
[ROM][G900F/I/T/M/W8][11MAY] XtreStoLite v.1.0.5 [Extremely Debloated | The Lightest & Smoothest TW Rom | AROMA Add-on Package | ART Compatible] [564 MB]

Edit: Currently flashing this now to see for myself

EDIT: NO WIFI CALLING. Posted issue on that thread. Oh Well.....OP has not responded back
V.1.0.5:
- Added USA (T-mobile G900T) CSC, choose this CSC also if you live in the USA and have another operator than T-Mobile. (To have the correct American values, like Fahrenheit etc.)
- Added USA T-mobile WiFi calling for the G900T model
- Added for each S5 model an separate build.prop file, to set the correct settings (to have the 4G LTE logo and to show the correct model number in Settings etc.)
- Fixed the problem that the Universal init.d app sometimes didn't got installed
- Cleaned up the installation script a LOT!
- FsTrim will be executed at the end of the installation of the ROM (to keep your internal memory fast)
- Added some missing lib files that gave for some a few FC's
- Re-added the Google Search/Now lib file that got removed in ROM v.1.0.2, to fix some Google Now FC's that some people were getting
Last edited by Docmjldds; 11th May 2014 at 01:32 PM.
23rd June 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #2  
mahanddeem's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
1,207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Title says Wi-Fi calling support and body says not !
So what now ?
I guess it's not easy to have Wi-Fi calling because it's heavily coded in the frameworks.
It needs a genius dev to be implemented without issues

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
27th June 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #3  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,418
 
6,865 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanddeem

Title says Wi-Fi calling support and body says not !
So what now ?
I guess it's not easy to have Wi-Fi calling because it's heavily coded in the frameworks.
It needs a genius dev to be implemented without issues

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Not only framework files, but also binary files that are impossible to mod.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

Not only framework files, but also binary files that are impossible to mod.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Tell me how do you want to flash a 900F to a 900T ? or am I missing something ?

The source code for NF6 is out on samsungs website, download and rebuild your own version.

If you really need to and is capable, then strip out the kernel and ... and inject the NF6 900T kernel and ....
2nd July 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #5  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,418
 
6,865 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRocker

Tell me how do you want to flash a 900F to a 900T ? or am I missing something ?

The source code for NF6 is out on samsungs website, download and rebuild your own version.

If you really need to and is capable, then strip out the kernel and ... and inject the NF6 900T kernel and ....

Lol. The kernel source is out on Samsung's website. NONE of the ROM or system files' source code is out, besides, this is a T-Mobile thing not a Samsung thing.. Its not possible. The closest people have gotten is by using another form of connection. but not T-Mobile's native method.
2nd July 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

Lol. The kernel source is out on Samsung's website. NONE of the ROM or system files' source code is out, besides, this is a T-Mobile thing not a Samsung thing.. Its not possible. The closest people have gotten is by using another form of connection. but not T-Mobile's native method.

My mistake I noticed he has modded the rom and added SM-G900T

I am looking at SM-G900T_NA_KK_Opensource.zip

Inside is Kernel and Platform tar files, somehow with this I am currently building my own rom as I type this and waiting for it to complete, "JetDroid"

Somehow I think we have everything we need, we just need someone that has more time than I have.

Platform readme.txt
How to build modules for Platform

[Build steps]
1. Get the Android platform source code.
- Version - Android Kitkat 4.4.2
- Please refer to download instructions in following url : http://source.android.com

2. Copy module that you want to build - to original android open source
If same module exists in android open source, you should replace it. (no overwrite)

# It is possible to build all modules at once.

3. Check module is in 'build\core\user_tags.mk'
If not, you should add your module name in it.
ex1) external\libjpega : Write "libjpega \" into "build\core\user_tags.mk"
ex2) external\libexifa : Write "libexifa \" into "build\core\user_tags.mk"

4. excute build command
- ./build.sh user
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in T-Mobile Galaxy S 5 General by ThreadRank