Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,854 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SkyNote Air [VZWPORT][N3 FEATS]-SkyNote - Reborn -RC2.51-optional[SafeStrap][DEBLOAT]

Tip us?

mannypelo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chameo53 View Post
I was unable to get this to successfully install - used the newest twrp and it looked like all went well until it stalled at the Galaxy Note II start screen logo. Let it sit for awhile but nothing progressed. I did get the message after I hit reboot that it it looked like I was not rooted and to swipe to reinstall SuperSU. I did it once, thought that might be the problem and tried to re-install without swiping to re-root. No difference. I ended up trying several solutions from re-installation without wiping anything, wiping just cache and Dalvik, etc. etc. I ended up trying to wipe everything including formatting the internal SD card but still no success. Figured after numerous tries it just wasn't meant to happen. I then tried to install Jett 3.0 and found again couldn't get by the logo screen. Tried one other ROM and still had the problem so I figured I had basically screwed something up. I was able to restore a 4.4.2 backup I had but seemed to be having some small problems that hadn't occurred previously. At that point I also didn't want to think I couldn't install whatever ROM I wanted to so I ended up using ODIN to go back to factory original and going thru the whole process of re-rooting and now back to having the Jett 3.0 ROM working.

I so wanted to give SkyNote Air a try since it looks interesting but I really don't want to have to go thru the entire process of restoring and re-rooting again. Were there specific steps or instructions I might have missed in the original install? I had been on a 4.4 ROM before trying SkyNote and basically did everything except formatting the internal SD. Any suggestions appreciated.
Hey man I'm having the same issue that you mentioned I even downloaded the new twrp and used phil and it still won't go past the Verizon screen any luck on your end

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

chameo53
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannypelo View Post
Hey man I'm having the same issue that you mentioned I even downloaded the new twrp and used phil and it still won't go past the Verizon screen any luck on your end

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Not sure I'm going to be of any help given how far back I had this issue (I think the original post was the beginning of March). I do know that I was eventually able to successfully flash the Skynote 2.51 ROM and have pretty much full functionality but that was also a while ago and I've flashed numerous ROMs since then. I'm thinking that my problem was just a one-off "burp" of sorts that hosed something that caused all the problems. There have been several times where I've actually ended up needing to use Odin to restore my Note 2 back to early stock and then go thru the re-root and all process. I guess I pretty much figure that if you flash enough ROMs, something is going to screw up at some point and I think I've tried almost every ROM out there.

Sorry I don't have more details -

ornwilson
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Question how to get GSM to work?

How can I activate the GSM radios (HSPA+ and WCDMA) on this ROM?

I just landed in Taipei and put a local prepaid SIM in and the only options I have under 'Network Mode' are 'LTE / CDMA' (which actuallly displays "CDMA/LTE/EVDO" on the 'Mobile Networks' screen) and 'CDMA'
Is GSM diasbled in this ROM? I realized I should have checked when I first flashed it, since GSM is a requirement for me when I travel.

Thanks in advance.

Also,
Thank you for the great ROM! This is just as functional, and I think a bit faster than the Tweaked VZX Remix i've been using for over a year.
The only problems I've had so far are occasional FC in the Note3 camera app, so I use the Note 2 one and only use Note3 for photosphere.

ornwilson
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up How to use GSM/WCDMA with this ROM

[QUOTE=ornwilson;53499043]How can I activate the GSM radios (HSPA+ and WCDMA) on this ROM? QUOTE]

I answered my own question by mucking around:
  1. Install the 'ServiceMode Shortcut' app
  2. select the 'Testing' option
  3. select the 'Device Information' option
  4. scroll down to the 'Set Preferred Network Type' section and choose 'WCDMA preferred'

I had to manually add the correct APN settings and I use 'Offline SIM APN Database' but YMMW.

Repeat to switch back to Verizon, but use Preffered Network Type of 'LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)'
The Following User Says Thank You to ornwilson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scoobysnack
Old
Thanks Meter 341

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=ornwilson;53509037]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ornwilson View Post
How can I activate the GSM radios (HSPA+ and WCDMA) on this ROM? QUOTE]

I answered my own question by mucking around:
  1. Install the 'ServiceMode Shortcut' app
  2. select the 'Testing' option
  3. select the 'Device Information' option
  4. scroll down to the 'Set Preferred Network Type' section and choose 'WCDMA preferred'

I had to manually add the correct APN settings and I use 'Offline SIM APN Database' but YMMW.

Repeat to switch back to Verizon, but use Preffered Network Type of 'LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)'
Sorry I could not get the dialer code to work that would allow the switching.

brianray14
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by angasreid View Post
Hey guys. Anyone have the Sky Note ROM Safestrap wifi patch edition on a mirror for download? The default server I'm currently downloading from is going to take 2+ hours. Many thanks!

UPDATE:
In case anyone on VZW and running SafeStrap RC2.51 WiFi Working Version, here's a faster mirror link to download.
MEGA DOWNLOAD

Cheers.
OMG! This download is faster? wtf? Yeah the original file i attempted to download.... Most..painful...download...ever.. I think i've had better speeds downloading from sammobile.

Why don't people just up these ridiculously large files as torrents?

Anyway.. Thanks for the ROM! When i wake up tomorrow, I'll flash it
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________
Gunmetal Silver HTC ONE M8 AT&T - UNLOCKED S-OFF
ROM : STOCK 4.4.2
Hboot : 3.16.0.0000
Radio : 1.16.21331931.LA11G
Recovery : TWRP Touch Recovery v2.7.0.2
Kernel : STOCK
MOD : Sense 6 Toolbox
The Following User Says Thank You to brianray14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

str1der_D
Old
Thanks Meter 0
group messaging just hangs on sending for me. anyone else have this problem?

kingamra
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by str1der_D View Post
group messaging just hangs on sending for me. anyone else have this problem?
Group messaging works for me both text and picture...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk