Ask a question

No registration required

Razr M soft brick

OP ozeyguy

30th June 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
So I was trying to flash this rom (Originally from stock 4.2.2)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2761322

As I was trying to flash it with RSD lite, the flashed failed. All i got was the splash screen and nothing else. I then downloaded the stock firmware and it failed as well. However, I can still get into the bootloader and my custom recovery TWRP. I have no idea what to do and i'm scared. Is there any way to safely flash my phone back to stock?
30th June 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 92

224 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozeyguy

So I was trying to flash this rom (Originally from stock 4.2.2)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2761322

As I was trying to flash it with RSD lite, the flashed failed. All i got was the splash screen and nothing else. I then downloaded the stock firmware and it failed as well. However, I can still get into the bootloader and my custom recovery TWRP. I have no idea what to do and i'm scared. Is there any way to safely flash my phone back to stock?

If you read the OP from that post, you needed to be on 4.4.2 stock. Get the fxz for the stock KK and flash to it and then flash GPE.

Sent from my RAZR M xt907 (KitStalk) using Tapatalk
30th June 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKroniK13x

If you read the OP from that post, you needed to be on 4.4.2 stock. Get the fxz for the stock KK and flash to it and then flash GPE.

Sent from my RAZR M xt907 (KitStalk) using Tapatalk

The phone was already on 4.4.2 stock, along with a custom recovery (which was later removed in the process) and an unlocked bootloader. Each time I try to flash the original firmware, RSD lite will give me a sign that tells me that it failed. However, I think downgading RSD to 6.1.4 could have been the solution. When I tried to flash the GPE rom, it actually worked. But i'm having problems with the cellular data and wifi (wont turn on).
30th June 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 92

224 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozeyguy

The phone was already on 4.4.2 stock, along with a custom recovery (which was later removed in the process) and an unlocked bootloader. Each time I try to flash the original firmware, RSD lite will give me a sign that tells me that it failed. However, I think downgading RSD to 6.1.4 could have been the solution. When I tried to flash the GPE rom, it actually worked. But i'm having problems with the cellular data and wifi (wont turn on).

Did you flash to 4.4.2 stock before the new GPE flash? It does not flash the entire system, only the modified files, so it relies on many components being installed, probably including the radio
2nd July 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKroniK13x

Did you flash to 4.4.2 stock before the new GPE flash? It does not flash the entire system, only the modified files, so it relies on many components being installed, probably including the radio

Haven't tried that yet. But since i'm on stock now, I might give it a go. I successfully restored my device by downgrading RSD to 6.1.4 and following the directions in this site.

http://www.andromods.com/tips-trick/...-firmware.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread