Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Accelerometer truns to sleep mode when screen is off

Tip us?

sudhanpsg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Accelerometer truns to sleep mode when screen is off

Does Omate Trusmart (1/8 1900) accelerometer turns off when screen is locked ? The listener doesn't work when screen is locked

I want to listen to the shake events without a partial wake lock on the screen( which drains the battery a lot). Any suggestions ?

gerhardo
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhanpsg View Post
Does Omate Trusmart (1/8 1900) accelerometer turns off when screen is locked ? The listener doesn't work when screen is locked

I want to listen to the shake events without a partial wake lock on the screen( which drains the battery a lot). Any suggestions ?
Same for the GPS, so probably the same for all sensors.
I assume a new kernel is needed for this.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,276

DONATE TO ME
LOL. It barely works even with a wake lock. That's why not a single wake app works consistently on the 1/8. I would not expect to see such a minor issue fixed anytime soon seeing it's 6 months later and the firmware is still not secured.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

BenjaminM
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
LOL. It barely works even with a wake lock. That's why not a single wake app works consistently on the 1/8. I would not expect to see such a minor issue fixed anytime soon seeing it's 6 months later and the firmware is still not secured.
I hope this will be solved one day, this is really restrictive as it stands...

Ozpeter
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I use Awesome On/Off to wake mine. It seems to work more often than not, but sometimes it doesn't and I can only assume that the TS has gone into a deeper sleep. But worth a try by anyone who feels a bit self conscious suddenly shaking their arm in public. Awesome just requires you to raise your arm to a normal watch-reading position.

BenjaminM
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminM View Post
I hope this will be solved one day, this is really restrictive as it stands...
I've discovered that the latest FW update (Onate_Truesmart_20140513.103530_v2.0) has introduce a new "Smart Mode" --> "Sport Mode", which basically turn off the back-light but keep the screen on hence, the sensors (Accelerometer, GPS, etc.) are kept alive.
I've been trying it for couple of days and it works great. It terms of battery drain, it is noticeable but remains reasonable. Anyway, if you are note recording any fitness activity, you can still change the mode after your workout.