Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Small But Eternal: HTC Explorer Receives Unofficial CM12

When HTC officially announced the HTC Explorer, they most likely weren’t … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Problem after unlocking bootloader - Bricked?

OP Thaiane

1st April 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthmahesh

I'm pretty confused with this. How exactly did you unlock without a working fastboot (no waiting for device issue)? Did you change your pc drivers after unlock or trying this from a different pc? When you say "phone doesn't recognizes it is connected" you mean it says "Connect USB data cable" below "Device is UNLOCKED"? If so, maybe try another usb port cause it should normally say "Transfer Mode: USB Connected" regardless of proper drivers.
Your phone will chrarge no matter what though, no worry about that. It needs to say "Battery OK (Charging)" when connected to PC
No, as long as you have working your device isn't technically bricked in any sense. Don't worry, get that fastboot working again and anything can be fixed.
Also you didnt say whether or not you tried that "Factory" option in bootloader!

OMG. I tried that "Factory" option before but it didn't work. Now I tried a second time and it worked. Thanks a lot! Really

Anyway, now my phone is back again and rooted. Thanks for the help, guys!
2nd April 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #12  
Flag Vapi
Thanks Meter: 38

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaiane

Already installed it from the start. The message I got is always this:

"There aren't any updates for your device at the moment
Current Version: N/A"

My fastboot: Doesn't matter the operation I do, I always get this <waiting for device> and the phone is already connected into the computer. And the phone doesn't recognizes it is connected too.

And greeeeat news: my phone now doesn't charges either. I get stuck on a screen with a battery logo and 0%, when connected to the charger. Still, I still can access the fastboot mode. Well, am I lucky or not?

Guys the problem occurs due to corruption of /data folder. Even I had the same issue.

What you can do is
1. Connect your phone to PC in fastboot mode.
2. In fastboot, enter the command "adb erase userdata" and "adb erase cache" without quotes and reboot you phone. It will work for most of the devices, if it doesn't I have some other workaround too.
The Following User Says Thank You to forgotter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #13  
Flag kebumen

3 posts
More
help
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotter

Guys the problem occurs due to corruption of /data folder. Even I had the same issue.

What you can do is
1. Connect your phone to PC in fastboot mode.
2. In fastboot, enter the command "adb erase userdata" and "adb erase cache" without quotes and reboot you phone. It will work for most of the devices, if it doesn't I have some other workaround too.

I have the same problem. my phone stuck in blank screen after Unlock Bootloader. and then I try to do "adb erase userdata" and "adb erase cache". but my phone has no chenge, still stuck in.
I attach log when enter command adb above.

I'm sorry before. I can't spech English well
20th June 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #14  
Flag Vapi

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidurrr

I have the same problem. my phone stuck in blank screen after Unlock Bootloader. and then I try to do "adb erase userdata" and "adb erase cache". but my phone has no chenge, still stuck in.
I attach log when enter command adb above.

I'm sorry before. I can't spech English well

The log you have posted contains only the help commands of adb and not the actual commands you gave.

Give a try to factory reset from fastboot mode on your phone. And do you a custom recovery installed in your phone?
20th June 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #15  
Flag kebumen

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotter

The log you have posted contains only the help commands of adb and not the actual commands you gave.

Give a try to factory reset from fastboot mode on your phone. And do you a custom recovery installed in your phone?

I've tried factory reset for several times, but no change as well.
yes, I get a CWM in my phone. and then, what have I do?
Last edited by jidurrr; 20th June 2014 at 05:00 AM.
26th June 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #16  
Flag Vapi

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidurrr

I've tried factory reset for several times, but no change as well.
yes, I get a CWM in my phone. and then, what have I do?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2704207
Go to the above forum.

Sorry for late reply was busy with studies.
2nd July 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #17  
Flag kebumen

3 posts
More
I had flash stock firmware
through PC

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread