Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem after unlocking bootloader - Bricked?

Tip us?

Thaiane
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthmahesh View Post
I'm pretty confused with this. How exactly did you unlock without a working fastboot (no waiting for device issue)? Did you change your pc drivers after unlock or trying this from a different pc? When you say "phone doesn't recognizes it is connected" you mean it says "Connect USB data cable" below "Device is UNLOCKED"? If so, maybe try another usb port cause it should normally say "Transfer Mode: USB Connected" regardless of proper drivers.
Your phone will chrarge no matter what though, no worry about that. It needs to say "Battery OK (Charging)" when connected to PC
No, as long as you have working your device isn't technically bricked in any sense. Don't worry, get that fastboot working again and anything can be fixed.
Also you didnt say whether or not you tried that "Factory" option in bootloader!
OMG. I tried that "Factory" option before but it didn't work. Now I tried a second time and it worked. Thanks a lot! Really

Anyway, now my phone is back again and rooted. Thanks for the help, guys!

forgotter
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaiane View Post
Already installed it from the start. The message I got is always this:

"There aren't any updates for your device at the moment
Current Version: N/A"

My fastboot: Doesn't matter the operation I do, I always get this <waiting for device> and the phone is already connected into the computer. And the phone doesn't recognizes it is connected too.

And greeeeat news: my phone now doesn't charges either. I get stuck on a screen with a battery logo and 0%, when connected to the charger. Still, I still can access the fastboot mode. Well, am I lucky or not?
Guys the problem occurs due to corruption of /data folder. Even I had the same issue.

What you can do is
1. Connect your phone to PC in fastboot mode.
2. In fastboot, enter the command "adb erase userdata" and "adb erase cache" without quotes and reboot you phone. It will work for most of the devices, if it doesn't I have some other workaround too.
Be helpful and press thanks if someone helps you.
Search the forum before posting any question.
The Following User Says Thank You to forgotter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jidurrr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotter View Post
Guys the problem occurs due to corruption of /data folder. Even I had the same issue.

What you can do is
1. Connect your phone to PC in fastboot mode.
2. In fastboot, enter the command "adb erase userdata" and "adb erase cache" without quotes and reboot you phone. It will work for most of the devices, if it doesn't I have some other workaround too.
I have the same problem. my phone stuck in blank screen after Unlock Bootloader. and then I try to do "adb erase userdata" and "adb erase cache". but my phone has no chenge, still stuck in.
I attach log when enter command adb above.

I'm sorry before. I can't spech English well

forgotter
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidurrr View Post
I have the same problem. my phone stuck in blank screen after Unlock Bootloader. and then I try to do "adb erase userdata" and "adb erase cache". but my phone has no chenge, still stuck in.
I attach log when enter command adb above.

I'm sorry before. I can't spech English well
The log you have posted contains only the help commands of adb and not the actual commands you gave.

Give a try to factory reset from fastboot mode on your phone. And do you a custom recovery installed in your phone?

jidurrr
Old
(Last edited by jidurrr; 20th June 2014 at 04:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotter View Post
The log you have posted contains only the help commands of adb and not the actual commands you gave.

Give a try to factory reset from fastboot mode on your phone. And do you a custom recovery installed in your phone?
I've tried factory reset for several times, but no change as well.
yes, I get a CWM in my phone. and then, what have I do?

forgotter
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidurrr View Post
I've tried factory reset for several times, but no change as well.
yes, I get a CWM in my phone. and then, what have I do?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2704207
Go to the above forum.

Sorry for late reply was busy with studies.

jidurrr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had flash stock firmware
through PC