Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 44,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No Google Contacts option?

Tip us?

LeeBv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] No Google Contacts option?

I am trying to set up Google Contacts. I imported contacts from Outlook fine. Then I synced them to my phone (Samsung Light) -- all fine.

BUT, when I went to my Note 10.1 to sync them I found that in my Google Account there is no option for Google Contacts, only something called People. It does sync GMail fine. Sync is on.

I've tried many things -- deleting the Google account and re-establishing it, clearing the contacts cache, etc. But with no optionon the Google account page for contacts, I can't even try to sync them.

Anybody ever come across this before?

Thanks.

shaun298
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBv View Post
I am trying to set up Google Contacts. I imported contacts from Outlook fine. Then I synced them to my phone (Samsung Light) -- all fine.

BUT, when I went to my Note 10.1 to sync them I found that in my Google Account there is no option for Google Contacts, only something called People. It does sync GMail fine. Sync is on.

I've tried many things -- deleting the Google account and re-establishing it, clearing the contacts cache, etc. But with no optionon the Google account page for contacts, I can't even try to sync them.

Anybody ever come across this before?

Thanks.
you should have a separate app called Contacs. And in settings under account you can sync. Just use the contac app

LeeBv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Shaun:

Yes, I have been using the native Contacts app and syncing it with Outlook via Kies. I want to try using Google Contacts instead. I deleted all the contacts within the app and cleared all contact data/cache.

The problem is that when I go to Settings>Accounts>Google and then click on my account, there is NO option to Sync Contacts. There are options for App Data, Calendar, Gmail, Internet, People details, and Picasa Web albums -- and that's it.

Thanks

shaun298
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Shaun:

Yes, I have been using the native Contacts app and syncing it with Outlook via Kies. I want to try using Google Contacts instead. I deleted all the contacts within the app and cleared all contact data/cache.

The problem is that when I go to Settings>Accounts>Google and then click on my account, there is NO option to Sync Contacts. There are options for App Data, Calendar, Gmail, Internet, People details, and Picasa Web albums -- and that's it.

Thanks
When you click on your account is it your gmail account..

LeeBv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Yep -- but finally fixed it. I just finished doing a hard reset of the Note, which I hated to do because it will take me hours to get it back the way I want. However, as soon as I did that the Google account started showing all the options, including Contacts.

Thanks.

shaun298
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Yep -- but finally fixed it. I just finished doing a hard reset of the Note, which I hated to do because it will take me hours to get it back the way I want. However, as soon as I did that the Google account started showing all the options, including Contacts.

Thanks.
Nothing like a pull of the handle, (reset). Glad you got going, tends to get u pissed.