Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

[Q] No Google Contacts option?

OP LeeBv

28th June 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

67 posts
I am trying to set up Google Contacts. I imported contacts from Outlook fine. Then I synced them to my phone (Samsung Light) -- all fine.

BUT, when I went to my Note 10.1 to sync them I found that in my Google Account there is no option for Google Contacts, only something called People. It does sync GMail fine. Sync is on.

I've tried many things -- deleting the Google account and re-establishing it, clearing the contacts cache, etc. But with no optionon the Google account page for contacts, I can't even try to sync them.

Anybody ever come across this before?

Thanks.
28th June 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #2  
Union City Indiana
Thanks Meter: 45

594 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBv

I am trying to set up Google Contacts. I imported contacts from Outlook fine. Then I synced them to my phone (Samsung Light) -- all fine.

BUT, when I went to my Note 10.1 to sync them I found that in my Google Account there is no option for Google Contacts, only something called People. It does sync GMail fine. Sync is on.

I've tried many things -- deleting the Google account and re-establishing it, clearing the contacts cache, etc. But with no optionon the Google account page for contacts, I can't even try to sync them.

Anybody ever come across this before?

Thanks.

you should have a separate app called Contacs. And in settings under account you can sync. Just use the contac app
28th June 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

67 posts
Shaun:

Yes, I have been using the native Contacts app and syncing it with Outlook via Kies. I want to try using Google Contacts instead. I deleted all the contacts within the app and cleared all contact data/cache.

The problem is that when I go to Settings>Accounts>Google and then click on my account, there is NO option to Sync Contacts. There are options for App Data, Calendar, Gmail, Internet, People details, and Picasa Web albums -- and that's it.

Thanks
1st July 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #4  
Union City Indiana

594 posts
Quote:

Shaun:

Yes, I have been using the native Contacts app and syncing it with Outlook via Kies. I want to try using Google Contacts instead. I deleted all the contacts within the app and cleared all contact data/cache.

The problem is that when I go to Settings>Accounts>Google and then click on my account, there is NO option to Sync Contacts. There are options for App Data, Calendar, Gmail, Internet, People details, and Picasa Web albums -- and that's it.

Thanks

When you click on your account is it your gmail account..
1st July 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

67 posts
Yep -- but finally fixed it. I just finished doing a hard reset of the Note, which I hated to do because it will take me hours to get it back the way I want. However, as soon as I did that the Google account started showing all the options, including Contacts.

Thanks.
2nd July 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #6  
Union City Indiana

594 posts
Quote:

Yep -- but finally fixed it. I just finished doing a hard reset of the Note, which I hated to do because it will take me hours to get it back the way I want. However, as soon as I did that the Google account started showing all the options, including Contacts.

Thanks.

Nothing like a pull of the handle, (reset). Glad you got going, tends to get u pissed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread