Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] No Google Contacts option?

OP LeeBv

28th June 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
I am trying to set up Google Contacts. I imported contacts from Outlook fine. Then I synced them to my phone (Samsung Light) -- all fine.

BUT, when I went to my Note 10.1 to sync them I found that in my Google Account there is no option for Google Contacts, only something called People. It does sync GMail fine. Sync is on.

I've tried many things -- deleting the Google account and re-establishing it, clearing the contacts cache, etc. But with no optionon the Google account page for contacts, I can't even try to sync them.

Anybody ever come across this before?

Thanks.
28th June 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Union City Indiana
Thanks Meter: 46
 
595 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBv

I am trying to set up Google Contacts. I imported contacts from Outlook fine. Then I synced them to my phone (Samsung Light) -- all fine.

BUT, when I went to my Note 10.1 to sync them I found that in my Google Account there is no option for Google Contacts, only something called People. It does sync GMail fine. Sync is on.

I've tried many things -- deleting the Google account and re-establishing it, clearing the contacts cache, etc. But with no optionon the Google account page for contacts, I can't even try to sync them.

Anybody ever come across this before?

Thanks.

you should have a separate app called Contacs. And in settings under account you can sync. Just use the contac app
28th June 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Shaun:

Yes, I have been using the native Contacts app and syncing it with Outlook via Kies. I want to try using Google Contacts instead. I deleted all the contacts within the app and cleared all contact data/cache.

The problem is that when I go to Settings>Accounts>Google and then click on my account, there is NO option to Sync Contacts. There are options for App Data, Calendar, Gmail, Internet, People details, and Picasa Web albums -- and that's it.

Thanks
1st July 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Union City Indiana
Thanks Meter: 46
 
595 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBv

Shaun:

Yes, I have been using the native Contacts app and syncing it with Outlook via Kies. I want to try using Google Contacts instead. I deleted all the contacts within the app and cleared all contact data/cache.

The problem is that when I go to Settings>Accounts>Google and then click on my account, there is NO option to Sync Contacts. There are options for App Data, Calendar, Gmail, Internet, People details, and Picasa Web albums -- and that's it.

Thanks

When you click on your account is it your gmail account..
1st July 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Yep -- but finally fixed it. I just finished doing a hard reset of the Note, which I hated to do because it will take me hours to get it back the way I want. However, as soon as I did that the Google account started showing all the options, including Contacts.

Thanks.
2nd July 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Union City Indiana
Thanks Meter: 46
 
595 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBv

Yep -- but finally fixed it. I just finished doing a hard reset of the Note, which I hated to do because it will take me hours to get it back the way I want. However, as soon as I did that the Google account started showing all the options, including Contacts.

Thanks.

Nothing like a pull of the handle, (reset). Glad you got going, tends to get u pissed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes