FORUMS

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

Vanir/Commotio won't flash

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Paprika88, Junior Member on 28th June 2014, 07:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So i downloaded a nightly off the [ROM] Vanir/Commotio TF700
and i was trying to flash it on twrp it failed i made sure to wipe and factory reset prior. I put cromni back on without any problems.
It says it can't find md5 file... during the flashing process
 
 
29th June 2014, 12:09 AM |#2  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 15,112
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprika88

So i downloaded a nightly off the [ROM] Vanir/Commotio TF700
and i was trying to flash it on twrp it failed i made sure to wipe and factory reset prior. I put cromni back on without any problems.
It says it can't find md5 file... during the flashing process

Snag the recovery.log after the flash and it will provide more info.
29th June 2014, 01:14 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
here's my log
its attached
I'm trying out all the roms i can until i land one that might fix my wifi reception.

Anyways i'm also trying crombi-kk.. and I'm having trouble with this step. its asking me to fix root and then won't boot when i flash it...
(this is coming from cromi x
I can't find the root sub section after i open developer options.

1. Enable developer options by clicking the build number 7 times in settings - about tablet
2. Go to developer settings
3. In the first section click Root access and change to Apps and ADB

I'm also asked to fix permissions after I flash Commotio
Attached Files
File Type: txt my recov.txt - [Click for QR Code] (89.3 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by Paprika88; 29th June 2014 at 02:33 AM.
29th June 2014, 10:33 AM |#4  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 15,112
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprika88

here's my log
its attached
I'm trying out all the roms i can until i land one that might fix my wifi reception.

Anyways i'm also trying crombi-kk.. and I'm having trouble with this step. its asking me to fix root and then won't boot when i flash it...
(this is coming from cromi x
I can't find the root sub section after i open developer options.

1. Enable developer options by clicking the build number 7 times in settings - about tablet
2. Go to developer settings
3. In the first section click Root access and change to Apps and ADB

I'm also asked to fix permissions after I flash Commotio

You need to update your TWRP version - please move to TWRP 2.7.1.1

This is why the rom is failing to flash:

Code:
ApplyParsedPerms: removexattr of /system/addon.d/50-vanir.sh to 0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
script aborted: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
It's either a bug in the installer or related to the older TWRP - I suspect the latter.

29th June 2014, 02:25 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks!
I installed twrp 7.2.1.1 and it flashed successfully. however now i rebooted it and I see commotion with a picture of the ocean and sunset looping.

the booting screen i presume. I figured it was just loading everything up but it's been like this for 20 minutes now...

i'll try crombi kitkat

Edit: K nevermind I flashed the gapps and it worked


It loaded and I received a warning message:
UIDS on the system are inconsistent you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable... with a i'm feeling lucky button.
I'll try factory wipe
it worked
Last edited by Paprika88; 29th June 2014 at 02:43 PM.
2nd July 2014, 05:55 AM |#6  
berndblb's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,421
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprika88

Thanks!
I installed twrp 7.2.1.1 and it flashed successfully. however now i rebooted it and I see commotion with a picture of the ocean and sunset looping.

the booting screen i presume. I figured it was just loading everything up but it's been like this for 20 minutes now...

i'll try crombi kitkat

Edit: K nevermind I flashed the gapps and it worked


It loaded and I received a warning message:
UIDS on the system are inconsistent you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable... with a i'm feeling lucky button.
I'll try factory wipe
it worked

Glad you got it working.
For future reference: Whenever you move from one rom to another you have to perform a factory wipe in recovery. Preferably before you flash the rom. Saves you a lot of headache
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes