Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,680 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G3 sunlight legibility test

Tip us?

Lostatsea23
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkypoo View Post
my g3 comes next week but after seeing that video i think i will cancel it and keep the s5, im outdoors a lot and the s5 is fantastic outside, the g3 is no good if i cant see it agh wel so much promise but im sure it cant be worse than the z2 outdoors absolutley terrible device in sunlight

I had the z2 and I dealt with it so when my g3 comes I'm sure it won't be too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chriso89
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It is different displays out there my lg3 is much brighter then one local shop display . Settings is the same. That's why some people like the display and others not

Dubhar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I've had no problems with the brightness so far. Compared to my Nexus 5, the screen is brighter at 100% as far as i can tell.

Lostatsea23
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamR View Post
To sum it up there is more than 70% increase between the lowest max brightness (Erica Griffin @332nits) to the highest max brightness (GSMArena @570nits) measurements.

What do you think we're dealing here? Panel roulette (that probably will affect the buyers) ? Different manufactured stages of the hardware? Or firmware update?

I don't think it's a measurement mistake, we're not talking about first time amateur reviewers.
Well firmware improved brightness im sure of it, but the reason it was 570 for one and 332 for the other is because GSMarena measured the brightness with a white background and im sure erica didnt and just gave an average output.