Anyone use a usb 3.0 port with g2? 2.0 transfer speeds are SLOW

Search This thread

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
Anyone here use usb 3.0 to transfer files to and from their g2? The 2.0 speeds are horridly slow on my G2. It's very frustrating when you're starting from scratch and moving over 16gb worth of data!

So what's the 3.0 speeds like? I'm probably going to upgrade to a 3.0 pci card, but only if it's worth it!

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
Anyone here use usb 3.0 to transfer files to and from their g2? The 2.0 speeds are horridly slow on my G2. It's very frustrating when you're starting from scratch and moving over 16gb worth of data!

So what's the 3.0 speeds like? I'm probably going to upgrade to a 3.0 pci card, but only if it's worth it!
The USB port on the G2 is only USB 2.0.

Reactions: demoncamber

princenoob

Apr 11, 2011
Baguio City

its useless because G2 only has USB 2.0 port. If you are transferring many(I mean hundreds or even thousand) of small files transfer is really slow even if the size is very small(KB). But if you are transferring a one file(ex. movie) with 2gb size copying time is very fast.

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
I thought the g2 was 3.0, thought I remembered reading that somewhere!! Never mind then haha. Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about, small mb pictures especially take f o r e v e r!!

Sent from my LG-D801

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
I thought the g2 was 3.0, thought I remembered reading that somewhere!! Never mind then haha. Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about, small mb pictures especially take f o r e v e r!!

Sent from my LG-D801

You are correct, the 2 above are not.
The G2 is usb3.0 but we do not have the proprietary cable to take advantage of it, somewhere on this forum there is a thread about it.

pcguy112887

Feb 13, 2014
When I plugged my VS980 into my computer yesterday (a USB 2.0 port) using the stock charger cable, it told me the device was USB 3.0 and could run faster if I used one of those ports.

Granted I did not change ports, as mine are hard to reach and in use. However, Windows does indeed seem to detect it as a 3.0 device (even though it's a 2.0 looking cable).

crobo

Jul 28, 2010
[/B]
The G2 is usb3.0 but we do not have the proprietary cable to take advantage of it, somewhere on this forum there is a thread about it.

Please know your facts before saying something.

The lg g2 has NO usb 3.0 support.
The 3.0 port is wider than the 2.0

Look at the images

samsung-galaxy-note-3-review-10.jpg

Samsung galaxy note 3 has usb 3.0 support

usb-3-cable.jpg

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
[/B]

Look at the images

So because Samsung's proprietary usb3.0 looks like that means ours doesn't have it? I guess PC usb3.0 is fake because it doesn't look like Samsung's?
Go do some reading, even our manual brings up usb3.0, lg just hasn't given us their proprietary cable. Search for the thread on here maybe then you will learn something rather then giving out false info. :)

Actually here since you clearly don't read,
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2757820

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

crobo

Jul 28, 2010
So because Samsung's proprietary usb3.0 looks like that means ours doesn't have it? I guess PC usb3.0 is fake because it doesn't look like Samsung's?
Go do some reading, even our manual brings up usb3.0, lg just hasn't given us their proprietary cable. Search for the thread on here maybe then you will learn something rather then giving out false info. :)

You can search for a cable all you want. But the PORT on your phone must be usb 3.0 since its the smaller port instead the wider one its not 3.0
I think LG had plans to make the G2 usb 3.0 but at changed their minds, who knows why (it's not important).

The lg g2 has no usb 3.0 end of story.

MrJyrks

Jun 30, 2012
You can search for a cable all you want. But the PORT on your phone must be usb 3.0 since its the smaller port instead the wider one its not 3.0
I think LG had plans to make the G2 usb 3.0 but at changed their minds, who knows why (it's not important).

The lg g2 has no usb 3.0 end of story.

LG G2 HAS A USB 3.0 PORT BUT DOES NOT HAVE THE PROPRIETARY CABLE. Can you read?! Over.

Edit: Do you know the meaning of proprietary? you should look it out. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: JamieD81

linh1987

Dec 7, 2007
What matter if it does? We have disabled features in products all the time. The fact that new LG G Watch uses Snapdragon 400 with 3 cores disabled (don't quote me on that though, just for an example) doesn't mean that we "should" be able to use the remaining 3 cores. G2 has USB 3.0 support but they doesn't have the connector for it so there's no "proprietary" cable exists I believe.

MrJyrks

Jun 30, 2012
What matter if it does? We have disabled features in products all the time. The fact that new LG G Watch uses Snapdragon 400 with 3 cores disabled (don't quote me on that though, just for an example) doesn't mean that we "should" be able to use the remaining 3 cores. G2 has USB 3.0 support but they doesn't have the connector for it so there's no "proprietary" cable exists I believe.

Most LG G2 models do have the proprietary 11-pin usb 3.0 port and there's still an opportunity they'll put their proprietary cable on the market since it will benefit g flex and g pro 2 users aswell since they have the same connector. And i've read some company called analogix, will be releasing a Slimport 4K cable, and they used g flex in the demo, I wonder how? Slimport 4k REQUIRES a usb 3.0 port...

Edit: Anyway, It doesn't really matter, but the point is that the G2 has usb 3.0, you can't state otherwise, but it's pretty useless atm since there's no compatible cable :)

Oh, and btw, we'll see if the usb 3.0 port really is usable soon, since the op from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2757820 bought a cheap g2 off ebay or somewhere and he'll hardwire the interface :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [/B]

Look at the images

The USB port on the G2 is only USB 2.0.

its useless because G2 only has USB 2.0 port. If you are transferring many(I mean hundreds or even thousand) of small files transfer is really slow even if the size is very small(KB). But if you are transferring a one file(ex. movie) with 2gb size copying time is very fast.

Sent from my LG-D801

Hmm now to just find someone to test in their USB 3.0 port :)

Sent from my LG-D801