[ROM][5/15/14] - Stock Rooted - VZW OTA 1.55.506.2 - WP removed - Odex or De-Odex! v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gregory_classy

Feb 21, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1398770308111.jpg

I see the files in Root Browser, but I'm not sure what to do with them. (sorry to be a pain)

MotoTurbo

Mar 14, 2014
Vale, NC
if we dirty flash this will it remove edits I've done to the system partition or do I need to wipe data for that. Curious becuz I waz gunna then flash stock recovery and take future ota's

rudyolph

Sep 13, 2011
Damn...you pretty much saved my a**. I was running ViperOne 1.8 for a while and things were great. I ended up deleting my stock nandroid and after doing some of their tweaks/hub flashes the phone starting having some issues. Random reboots, random apps/background process crashing. Kept getting worse and worse. I tried to clean flash to their 2.0.1 version of the ROM and the install would just fail over and over. No matter how much I reset or wiped nothing seemed to work. Finally I got their 2.1.0 version installed but shortly after bootup all the app/process crashing began happening again. Camera wouldn't work, phone would lock up. Then I figured I had something majorly wrong, possibly hardware related. I tried to install Carbon ROM to see if it was just Venom but that failed to install too. Then I tried going back to stock by using the RUU method in this forum and that would fail to install. I have a refurb replacement on the way from Verizon because I thought after trying all that 50 thousand times with failure that the phone was completely hosed. I finally decided to try your stock rom here and thing installed with zero issues and so far the phone is running amazingly. Like the day I bought it. Now I'm not sure I want the refurb anymore!!!

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
if we dirty flash this will it remove edits I've done to the system partition or do I need to wipe data for that. Curious becuz I waz gunna then flash stock recovery and take future ota's
THis will not work for OTA's. Use the RUU in the thread.

Damn...you pretty much saved my a**. I was running ViperOne 1.8 for a while and things were great. I ended up deleting my stock nandroid and after doing some of their tweaks/hub flashes the phone starting having some issues. Random reboots, random apps/background process crashing. Kept getting worse and worse. I tried to clean flash to their 2.0.1 version of the ROM and the install would just fail over and over. No matter how much I reset or wiped nothing seemed to work. Finally I got their 2.1.0 version installed but shortly after bootup all the app/process crashing began happening again. Camera wouldn't work, phone would lock up. Then I figured I had something majorly wrong, possibly hardware related. I tried to install Carbon ROM to see if it was just Venom but that failed to install too. Then I tried going back to stock by using the RUU method in this forum and that would fail to install. I have a refurb replacement on the way from Verizon because I thought after trying all that 50 thousand times with failure that the phone was completely hosed. I finally decided to try your stock rom here and thing installed with zero issues and so far the phone is running amazingly. Like the day I bought it. Now I'm not sure I want the refurb anymore!!!
Good deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As the name of the thread implies... This is a stock rooted ROM based on Verizon official 1.55.605.2 Base. No mods, not themes, no hacks, no.... Just rooted and ready!

Features
    • Odexed or De-odexed
    • Pre-rooted with Super SU (Thanks @Chainfire)
    • System write protection removed (Thanks @flar2!)
    • Busybox pre-installed
    • Unsecured boot.img
    • No other modifications, hacks, mods, etc!

stock-1.55.605.2.png

Q and A - Read it!

• Q. What are the prerequisites to flash this?
    • A. You must be S-Off with TWRP recovery and on the latest Verizon firmware. Other recoveries may work but are not supported.
    • Q. Who is this ROM for?
    • A. Its for the Home-brew enthusiast that wants to make a ROM for themselves. Its for developers that want to build a ROM for the community but may not have access to a complete untouched file set. Its for that guy that forgot to make a Nandroid back up!
    • Q. Who is this ROM not for?
    • A. Crack Flashers. You will not get a flash high from this ROM. Its stock rooted!
    • Q. Why doesn't it have any mods? All the other ROMS have xxxxx
    • A. Its a stock ROM!
    • Q. Is the thether hacked?
    • A. No, Its a stock ROM!
    • Q. Will you do a de-odex version any time soon?
    • A. Probably but I don't like to be hounded about things!
    • Q. Can I still enable ART?
    • A. Hell yeah, on the ODex version. Dont recommend trying that on De-odex!

Huge thanks to @flar2 for the kernel module to disable write protection on the /system partition!

Downloads are HERE!

Hit Thanks!
    Sharing Policy

• The spirit of Open Source is to share your knowledge and files with the rest of the world so they can improve on what you do when possible. This is also my philosophy and I would never compromise that!
    • You are free to use this ROM or any part of this ROM any way you like as long as you give proper credits!
    • Do not use my work if you cannot give proper credits!
    • Consider this your permission! Please do not PM me asking if its OK to build off this ROM. Permission granted!
    • However this does not include my CleanROM series of ROMS. Please do not use those without contacting me first!
    • This ROM is not a CleanROM. Its a stock rooted and all yours!

Hit Thanks!
    Nice to see you here scrosler , you going to be developing clean Rom for the m8 for Verizon?

Oh, for sure man! I just got the basics out of the way. I always start with a share-able stock rooted ROM. Then everyone can play :good:

But I hope to have a prelim version of CleanROM out this weekend. Not sure when though.
    Questions and Answers

While this thread is still fresh and "clean" (yes I went there), I wanted to remind everyone to post only rom related concerns when looking for help. Questions about download issues, how to root/flash/downgrade/upgrade etc should not be posted here. This is stuff you should already know how to deal with before attempting to flash firmware changing material on your device. If this is your first time doing so, I encourage you to search the forums for others who have gone before you and done these things both successfully and unsuccessfully.

a smart man learns from his mistakes but a wise man learns from the mistakes of others ;)

Thank you,

Neo
    Forum Moderator
    In fact it's already under way

aba7a8um.jpg

Sent from my Blood Red HTC One M8