Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xfinity live streaming channels on the fire tv

Tip us?

latino2166
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj2763 View Post
I got Acestreams to work inside of xbmc on ouya with p2p addon but it kept crashing the Acestream on the play store wants to update so that one never connected however I installed the latest version of the APK and it worked for a day then all of a sudden the Acestream Engine app was crashing immediately on open and was bugging out my XBMC so I had to uninstall. If anyone finds a good version that will not try to update and is let me know Thanks

i have the same problem, if somebody have any solution please let me know.

thank you

aamir123
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkadafix View Post

I'm guessing your fire is connected via wifi? I just tried and I get an error "No Wi-Fi Connection You must be on Wi-Fi to stream video content". I'm connected via the ethernet port.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Yeah it only works over wifi Does anyone know a way around this?
Maybe you can try to connect to a Wi-Fi network that doesn't necessarily have internet like a router plugged into wall only, then have both Ethernet and Wi-Fi both connected to Amazon fire.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

ahoslc
Old
Thanks Meter 132
So does the app work pretty well with keyboard and mouse good quality etc?

xkadafix
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Any update on this now that the firetv has been rooted? Or has anyone modified the app yet?

deanemj
Old
Thanks Meter 13
If this was iOS it would be easy to solve as there are a half dozen tweaks to fool apps into thinking your on wifi. Surely there must be something similar on Android.

I'll check when I get home.

mastermind278
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanemj View Post
If this was iOS it would be easy to solve as there are a half dozen tweaks to fool apps into thinking your on wifi. Surely there must be something similar on Android.

I'll check when I get home.
Why not use the XPOSED module and give it a try: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.l...wificonnection
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mastermind278 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jljaries42@gmail.com
Old
(Last edited by jljaries42@gmail.com; 1st July 2014 at 08:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Default Fake Wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkadafix View Post

I'm guessing your fire is connected via wifi? I just tried and I get an error "No Wi-Fi Connection You must be on Wi-Fi to stream video content". I'm connected via the ethernet port.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Yeah it only works over wifi Does anyone know a way around this?

Never mind.

deanemj
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind278 View Post
Why not use the XPOSED module and give it a try: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.l...wificonnection
Ah, so something does exist! I'm completely new to Android so my knowledge of Android tweaks is limited.

I will give a try.

rebelatheart
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I side loaded the Xfinity app before root and it works "ok". Using a mele pro air mouse, I can get around the app pretty well. The only thing I notice, which I think I read someone on here before, is that there is some frame rate issues. The video doesnt seem to be 100% smooth, especially on live tv.

Anyone else notice this?

xkadafix
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind278 View Post
Well I can confirm the xposed fake wifi module works with the xfinity app to trick it to work over the lan. However with that module activated there is some weird stuff going on with the firetv gui, it bounces around the menu a bit. If I select say prime video it'll jump down to music, it's pretty weird.

The Following User Says Thank You to xkadafix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]