Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from sbdags: CROMi-X 6.0 released!

★★ CROMi-X 6.x Q&A Thread ★★

Tip us?

JOTX10
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
You don't have to reinstall no. (although reinstalling doesn't take long and you can just install over the top so it will keep all your data)

If you want to reset the resolution open a terminal emulator (install one form the market if you don't have one)

Type the following:

Code:
su
wm density reset
wm size reset
====================
Hi sbdags,

Thnx, this code works fine and the apps understand the screen-HW again. Is there a way to (re)set the screen to a much lower resolution for sometimes I have to connect the tab to an 'old' monitor and the super resolution 2600x1900 is way beyond their capabilities

Regards,

JOTX10

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 12,774

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOTX10 View Post
====================
Hi sbdags,

Thnx, this code works fine and the apps understand the screen-HW again. Is there a way to (re)set the screen to a much lower resolution for sometimes I have to connect the tab to an 'old' monitor and the super resolution 2600x1900 is way beyond their capabilities

Regards,

JOTX10
Yes use the above codes but substitute the first one with dpi you want. And the second with the res like 1920x1200.

Dpi = x resolution / 8
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pelago
Old
Thanks Meter 5
You could try YayYouFixedIt's ResUI Resolution Changer App - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716723

DarkCecil
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question New digitizer, X-axis inverted

So, I recently broke and have since replaced the digitizer on my 701 (using CRomi-X). But now it seems the X axis of the touch screen has flipped. Every gesture is mirrored along the Y axis. I know a similar problem has occurred with the TF201 as well. I was wondering, is there a possibility of a modded kernel release to compensate for an inverted X axis?
Thanks,

-DarkCecil

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 12,774

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCecil View Post
So, I recently broke and have since replaced the digitizer on my 701 (using CRomi-X). But now it seems the X axis of the touch screen has flipped. Every gesture is mirrored along the Y axis. I know a similar problem has occurred with the TF201 as well. I was wondering, is there a possibility of a modded kernel release to compensate for an inverted X axis?
Thanks,

-DarkCecil
Do we know what @flumpster did for the TF201 to invert the axis? @that any ideas?