Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,449 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nokia X Ram Usage

Tip us?
 
McMaddo
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Alexandria
Smile Nokia X Ram Usage

Guys I need a way to reduce my ram usage less than 50% ... any programme or something !
 
Dom3616
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 356
Posts: 698
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Karachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMaddo View Post
Guys I need a way to reduce my ram usage less than 50% ... any programme or something !
Use a custom ROM like Mini ROM or Lewa OS. And use a custom kernel as well like NULL Kernel.
Hit thanks if my post helped you.
Me? A Nokia Dev. Currently working on Lewa OS for Nokia XL and KitKat.

My works:
 
 
McMaddo
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Alexandria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom3616 View Post
Use a custom ROM like Mini ROM or Lewa OS. And use a custom kernel as well like NULL Kernel.
can u ipload a video show me how to do it ... im afraid to have me phone brick
 
Dom3616
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 356
Posts: 698
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Karachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMaddo View Post
can u ipload a video show me how to do it ... im afraid to have me phone brick
I can't sorry. But I can tell you this. Use Nokia X Flasher to flash kernel and if at any point, you get a black screen and computer shows to format disk drive, don't.

As for custom ROMs, they are completely safe. Flash them through CWM or any other recovery.

If any problems arise, donot panic and PM me. Im mostly online so will help you.
Hit thanks if my post helped you.
Me? A Nokia Dev. Currently working on Lewa OS for Nokia XL and KitKat.

My works:
 
 
McMaddo
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Alexandria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom3616 View Post
I can't sorry. But I can tell you this. Use Nokia X Flasher to flash kernel and if at any point, you get a black screen and computer shows to format disk drive, don't.

As for custom ROMs, they are completely safe. Flash them through CWM or any other recovery.

If any problems arise, donot panic and PM me. Im mostly online so will help you.
i installed This lewa OS it's realy good mate but there is some apps i dont need like talk can i remove it ?
 
ma5te12m1nd
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Makati, PH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom3616 View Post
I can't sorry. But I can tell you this. Use Nokia X Flasher to flash kernel and if at any point, you get a black screen and computer shows to format disk drive, don't.

As for custom ROMs, they are completely safe. Flash them through CWM or any other recovery.

If any problems arise, donot panic and PM me. Im mostly online so will help you.
Hey Dom3616, I really admire you helping other with their concerns Love your work on LEWA 5.1 port, man!

Though I am having problems with it, would you help me as well?

I am able to flash your LEWA port to my X properly. I can use it, install apps from the Play Store, etc. But when I restart my phone, randomly it will be stuck at the LEWA logo screen (after the Nokia). Already tried flashing it from scratch (using Nokia Care) stock to LEWA, previously from MiniRom to LEWA. Have "wiped" it already using LEWA recovery, it would work but I always end up in that stuck LEWA logo after some restarts.

Am I missing something? kindly help
 
Dom3616
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 356
Posts: 698
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Karachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMaddo View Post
i installed This lewa OS it's realy good mate but there is some apps i dont need like talk can i remove it ?
Yeah, use ES Explorer or any other file manager and go to /system/app and search for the Talk apk. And delete it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5te12m1nd View Post
Hey Dom3616, I really admire you helping other with their concerns Love your work on LEWA 5.1 port, man!

Though I am having problems with it, would you help me as well?

I am able to flash your LEWA port to my X properly. I can use it, install apps from the Play Store, etc. But when I restart my phone, randomly it will be stuck at the LEWA logo screen (after the Nokia). Already tried flashing it from scratch (using Nokia Care) stock to LEWA, previously from MiniRom to LEWA. Have "wiped" it already using LEWA recovery, it would work but I always end up in that stuck LEWA logo after some restarts.

Am I missing something? kindly help
First of all, thank you very much. Secondly, I have no idea why that might be happening. It doesn't occur with me. Try Booting to recovery and wiping Dalvik-cache only. Maybe some app is crashing or something. Report back.
Hit thanks if my post helped you.
Me? A Nokia Dev. Currently working on Lewa OS for Nokia XL and KitKat.

My works:
 
 
arun531
Old
#8  
arun531's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 114
Join Date: Aug 2013
try ram expander
 
Byjerstyk
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun531 View Post
try ram expander
How can I download the Ram expander and how to use it

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Android App Review: Hide Your Files with Androignito – XDA Developer TV

Stop right now, look at your phone, and see how many pictures, … more

BrightNotes Makes Cloud Notes Simple and Easy

There are literally thousands of note taking apps available on Android, with practically every … more

Google Glass XE20.1 Update Brings Improved Contacts, Head Nudge, New Cards and Commands

Ever since Google unveiled Android Wear earlier this … more

Remote Control Your Android Device with Monitordroid

The Android OS showsgreat potential in many areas. One of most interesting things that … more