Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Call answer issue

Tip us?

l3opard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Call answer issue

Xperia Z2 D6503

l3opard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry for the empty post... So, first, I have the .402 firmware, locked bootloader, rooted with some xposed modules. Everything work fine, exept one annoying calling issue... When I'm answering a call, I feel a strong, short vibration and the other party is complaining about a strange loud noise right after I answered. Anybody have this issue? I'm going nuts searching all over for similar problem, but I can't find anything...

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Envious_Data
Old
Thanks Meter 670
Hmm i havnt had this issue

Ive found you need to let a device settle for a bit if its running 4.4.2

Reflash your firmware via flashtool then power upp and leave it to settle for 30-60 mins

Backup your data/internal and restore, rom should run a lot better

Not sure what causes this unsettlement in 4.4.2

Devices:
Sony Xperia Z2

Roms:
Envi-Rom Z2/S
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

twistedddx
Old
Thanks Meter 473
Happens on my devices also.
Some Android phones have the feature to vibrate on answer/hangup, it is typically a setting you can turn on/off.
I am not sure if it is turned on by Sony and it just simply fails to work half the time. So far I have not found the setting exposed anywhere in the stock Sony ROM's.
The Following User Says Thank You to twistedddx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

l3opard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for the answers. I've read on other places that this is a feature, but in the newest androids can't turn off. I will try to reflash via flashtool, but first I think, I need to do some testing with my xposed modules. Do you think that some xposed module causing this? I not have any xposed module related to calling/vibrating. Really, I don't care about that the device vibrates right when I'm answering, but that strange voice that hears the other party...I don't think thats a "feature"

farfromovin
Old
Thanks Meter 381
Gravity Box has that feature...
Tmobile Note 2- powered by XDA magic.

l3opard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have Gravity Box installed, and in that option nothing is selected. So in that case, I mean the vibrating is disabled in every scenario... Anyway, I'm starting to change some settings in Gravity Box. I forgot to mention, that in firmware .55(without xposed framework), I didn't notice this vibrate issue.

paullu
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I think i have same issue like u .once noticed by my friend he heard vibrating*
In that time i thought it is normal because i installed call vibrating*but after see ur post i need to make a test now

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
htc touch/ htc cruise /htc hd/ hd2/nexus one/hd7
htc incredible s/Htc sensation /htc hd7(again)/ galaxy s2/ galaxy s3
sony tx / xperia ZL / xperia z1/htc m8/xperia z2

l3opard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
paullu, until now, I think I'm the only one with this issue Can I ask you, what kind of call vibrating soft or mod do you installed? On the other part, I made some tests with Gravity Box. I checked one option, restarted the phone, than unchecked that optio and again restarted the phone. Receive some calls and didn't notice the problem... But to be sure, I need a couple of more received calls.

l3opard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok...now I'm getting very frustrated. I've checked in Gravity Box to make sure non of the options in "call vibrations" are selected. Also installed an xposed module called "android phone vibrator" and deselect all the option. Nothing works... The strange thing is, that this issue sometimes appearing, sometimes not. In the last 2 calls that I have answered, the other party is complained about that he is "hearing" my vibration... I have found some peoples on other places, who has facing similar problems, but non of them was answered. Really, I must have to reflash the firmware, or better going back to .55, where I don't facing problems?