Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,302 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Adaway and CM11

Tip us?

whoamigriffiths
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 637
Default Adaway and CM11

Hi everyone, I know from the adaway thread that some of us have had problems getting adaway working with the gpad.
I tried it again 2 days ago as I'm finding other apps/mods to be less effective.
I can only speak for cm11 as that's the only one I've tested, but adaway is now working properly with it. No fiddling, no tweaking the app, just the normal straight forward install.
As I have said I've been using it for 2 days now (still v2.8) so I don't believe it's adaway that's been updated more something that's been changed in cm11
Hope some of you will find this helpful,
All the best rich.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium HD app
"It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw."

mysiak_d
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoamigriffiths View Post
Hi everyone, I know from the adaway thread that some of us have had problems getting adaway working with the gpad.
I tried it again 2 days ago as I'm finding other apps/mods to be less effective.
I can only speak for cm11 as that's the only one I've tested, but adaway is now working properly with it. No fiddling, no tweaking the app, just the normal straight forward install.
As I have said I've been using it for 2 days now (still v2.8) so I don't believe it's adaway that's been updated more something that's been changed in cm11
All the best rich.

Hi,
I can recommend you Xposed framework with MinMinGuard. So far 100% effective. Easy to use.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2597332

There are many other useful modules (block YouTube ads, XPrivacy, Halo...)

Be sure to use Dalvik runtime. Xposed is not compatible with ART for now.

katsika
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
All the best rich.

Hi, adaway was always working 100% fine with stock rom, so it certainly has to be something with cyanogen mod and not with adaway. Looking at cm11 thread i see that many people report that in the last days they have fixed various things in the rom like the knock off feature and some games like dead trigger 2, and now you report that adaway is working normally. So i guess every day that passes the cyanogen has fewer bugs than the earlier versions.

whoamigriffiths
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysiak_d View Post
Hi,
I can recommend you Xposed framework with MinMinGuard. So far 100% effective. Easy to use.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2597332

There are many other useful modules (block YouTube ads, XPrivacy, Halo...)

Be sure to use Dalvik runtime. Xposed is not compatible with ART for now.
Yes I already use Xposed, for several apps including the Youtube blocker.
I'm subscribed to the MinMinGuard thread already as I think it has lots of potential.Though I need extra defence for Chrome. Hence why I like adaway as it does it all.
The thread was more to let others know that Adaway is working again with cm11 and as a few of the roms are based on CM, hopefully the changes will trickle down to them too.
It's a bit odd but the gpad has had problems with running adaway since we started getting roms. So it's all good news for us

"It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw."

mysiak_d
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Yes I already use Xposed, for several apps including the Youtube blocker.
I'm subscribed to the MinMinGuard thread already as I think it has lots of potential.Though I need extra defence for Chrome. Hence why I like adaway as it does it all.
The thread was more to let others know that Adaway is working again with cm11 and as a few of the roms are based on CM, hopefully the changes will trickle down to them too.
It's a bit odd but the gpad has had problems with running adaway since we started getting roms. So it's all good news for us

I thought so
main purpose of my post was to promote another Ad blocking solution.
Android user should not be an output product for marketing industry.

King_Rat
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Adfree :FTW:

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app