Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4.4 slow charging

Tip us?

alan sh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default 4.4.4 slow charging

My Nexus 10 (standard ROM) was upgraded OTA last night to v 4.4.4. Came down this morning to find it was not charging, although it said it was. It was still on 36%. I rebooted it and left it and it now seems to be charging at about 1% per hour.

Has anyone else seen this?

Alan

striker59
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I'm still on 4.4.2 I shut mine down when charging. Takes apx 6 1/2 hours to charge, I plug it in before going to bed and in the am its charged. The charge usually lasts 2 days, every other night I charge.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app

alan sh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker59 View Post
I'm still on 4.4.2 I shut mine down when charging. Takes apx 6 1/2 hours to charge, I plug it in before going to bed and in the am its charged. The charge usually lasts 2 days, every other night I charge.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app
Mine was never like that. It used to charge in about 4-5 hours. It's now been on all day and overnight and it still only has 66% charge. I've even turned wireless off completely.

Something has upset it.

Alan

striker59
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
Mine was never like that. It used to charge in about 4-5 hours. It's now been on all day and overnight and it still only has 66% charge. I've even turned wireless off completely.

Something has upset it.

Alan
You can try running it in safe mode. I had updated mine to 4.4.3 but I had terrible battery drain so I went back to 4.4.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to striker59 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alan sh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I'll downgrade or change to another ROM when I get home (away for a while). I don't suppose anyone knows what I can do to see what is draining the battery?

Alan

alan sh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Last night I checked the battery in settings and the screen was causing most of the power. So, rather than it go onto daydream when it times out, I turned it off. This morning I came down to find it was fully charged (from 62% last night).

I'm still not sure what is going on as it will discharge when plugged in if I use it (and not playing videos, just internet browsing) and it never used to do that.

Alan

sfobrien
Old
Thanks Meter 259
I've noticed battery on 4.3 and 4.4 is nowhere as good as prior versions plus the slow charging. I've ran both Art and Dalvick makes no difference. Thinking about dropping back too.
Steve

alan sh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfobrien View Post
I've noticed battery on 4.3 and 4.4 is nowhere as good as prior versions plus the slow charging. I've ran both Art and Dalvick makes no difference. Thinking about dropping back too.
Steve,

I assume you are not using the standard Rom since you mention Art. Mine is standard.

Alan

sfobrien
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfobrien View Post
Quote:
Steve,

I assume you are not using the standard Rom since you mention Art. Mine is standard.

Alan
Currently using Omni Nightly and Trinity Ten Kernel. Have ran ThunderKat, RastaKat, and stock rooted.
Steve

AtlanDaGonozal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Mine was never like that. It used to charge in about 4-5 hours. It's now been on all day and overnight and it still only has 66% charge.
I noted that as well. And on USB the Phone will actually loose charge. A real pain for a software developer who as his phone on USB all day.

and it had not been like this with 4.4.3