Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 42,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Overheating Question

Tip us?

b2dj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Unhappy [Q] Overheating Question

i have galaxy s4 I9505. ive tried all the roms here and i still have the overheating even when in normal use specially when using 3G and Wifi. i know it is normal for S4 to overheat due to processor that it has. now, my question is. is there anyway that i can do to lessen the heat? is it because of kernel? do it need to underclock or overclock? please help. cant even play with my phone for 15mins more.

Sulaimanshariff
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2dj View Post
i have galaxy s4 I9505. ive tried all the roms here and i still have the overheating even when in normal use specially when using 3G and Wifi. i know it is normal for S4 to overheat due to processor that it has. now, my question is. is there anyway that i can do to lessen the heat? is it because of kernel? do it need to underclock or overclock? please help. cant even play with my phone for 15mins more.
Well that isnt something related to the kernel and yeah its about the processor and if u want to reduce a lil heat all u can do is just disable auto sync and disable air gestures that'll reduce some heating and 3g will heat any of the phone normally!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

dorian2kx
Old
Thanks Meter 17
It's very annoying really, I'm only using wifi and in ten minutes time mine will start to heat up just by browsing and screen at minimum

b2dj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian2kx View Post
It's very annoying really, I'm only using wifi and in ten minutes time mine will start to heat up just by browsing and screen at minimum

Actually that's what exactly happening to me and i even turn off everything. used all roms. still have this..

Mandark52
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2dj View Post
Your phone might be heating on the back side below the LED flash right? Here is what I do. Whenever you want to play any games or sort of just remove the backpannel and play. And moreover our phone has the so called OCTA-CORE processor so its common for the device to heat. Do not underclock your phone.Just remember to remove the cover of your phone especially if it is the silicon one. All the best.

Lennyz1988
Old
Thanks Meter 203
It can be multiple things.

- A faulty battery
- Your external sd card (try removing it)
- An app that is constantly using your cpu.

What is overheating? My phone gets hot sometimes, but not like really really hot.
Current:

Samsung Galaxy S 4 I9505 | WanamLite v3.0

Retired:

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 : AOKP 4.2.1
HTC Touch Pro2 | ROM: Valkyrie 6.5.23115TR2.5
HTC HD2 | DarkStone1337 [FroyoStone Sense - V3.2]
HTC Desire : Oxygen v2.1.3

XxLordxX
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 983

DONATE TO ME
Hi,

Overheating comes from intense CPU use. When you're using 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth and such, it's common to overheat. One thing I always recommend to the Snapdragon variant is leaving autodiscovery to GSM/WCDMA only, because when searching for LTE antennas, it'll overheat.

To reduce the heating you can turn off the above, turn off sync, turn off the sensors and leaving the brightness to the minimum. But keep in mind, that playing for some time will still overheat it.

~Lord

"Dream On! Dream Until Your Dreams Come True!" - Dream On (Aerosmith)

Sent from my GT-I9505