Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Overheating Question

OP b2dj

28th June 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

166 posts
i have galaxy s4 I9505. ive tried all the roms here and i still have the overheating even when in normal use specially when using 3G and Wifi. i know it is normal for S4 to overheat due to processor that it has. now, my question is. is there anyway that i can do to lessen the heat? is it because of kernel? do it need to underclock or overclock? please help. cant even play with my phone for 15mins more.
28th June 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #2  
Flag mysore
Thanks Meter: 370

1,127 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2dj

i have galaxy s4 I9505. ive tried all the roms here and i still have the overheating even when in normal use specially when using 3G and Wifi. i know it is normal for S4 to overheat due to processor that it has. now, my question is. is there anyway that i can do to lessen the heat? is it because of kernel? do it need to underclock or overclock? please help. cant even play with my phone for 15mins more.

Well that isnt something related to the kernel and yeah its about the processor and if u want to reduce a lil heat all u can do is just disable auto sync and disable air gestures that'll reduce some heating and 3g will heat any of the phone normally!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
28th June 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 17

337 posts
More
It's very annoying really, I'm only using wifi and in ten minutes time mine will start to heat up just by browsing and screen at minimum
2nd July 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

166 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian2kx

It's very annoying really, I'm only using wifi and in ten minutes time mine will start to heat up just by browsing and screen at minimum

Actually that's what exactly happening to me and i even turn off everything. used all roms. still have this..
2nd July 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 68

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2dj

Your phone might be heating on the back side below the LED flash right? Here is what I do. Whenever you want to play any games or sort of just remove the backpannel and play. And moreover our phone has the so called OCTA-CORE processor so its common for the device to heat. Do not underclock your phone.Just remember to remove the cover of your phone especially if it is the silicon one. All the best.
2nd July 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #6  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 313

1,971 posts
It can be multiple things.

- A faulty battery
- Your external sd card (try removing it)
- An app that is constantly using your cpu.

What is overheating? My phone gets hot sometimes, but not like really really hot.
2nd July 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Why do you need to know that?
Thanks Meter: 1,125

2,934 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi,

Overheating comes from intense CPU use. When you're using 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth and such, it's common to overheat. One thing I always recommend to the Snapdragon variant is leaving autodiscovery to GSM/WCDMA only, because when searching for LTE antennas, it'll overheat.

To reduce the heating you can turn off the above, turn off sync, turn off the sensors and leaving the brightness to the minimum. But keep in mind, that playing for some time will still overheat it.

~Lord

"Dream On! Dream Until Your Dreams Come True!" - Dream On (Aerosmith)

Sent from my GT-I9505

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread