Is it Worth to buy LGOG ?

OP EvilKing009

22nd June 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 6

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoido004

Yeah sure, is really smart to buy a 2012 flagship instead of a 2014 mid-range which is faster, better, cheaper and also has more support time. Don't get me wrong. But the log is totally obsolete compared to newer devices, even some mid-ranges. Even the s4 mini is faster and smoother than the lgog...

I'm not saying it isn't good, just saying that if you want a flagship device, buy one new, not one outdated and almost unsupported by the oem.

Enviado de meu LG-E975 usando Tapatalk

Bull****. No matter old or new, Adreno 305 wont beat Adreno 320..And mid-range SOC of 2013 wont beat 2012 top range. Yes, it will feel fast. But put it to more demanding tasks, and you will get those A7`s to knees. As with chinese phones-they all get goot scores in antutu, but when u put them to gaming..not so good anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to WreckLv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #22  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 279

2,617 posts
More
Get something else. The Optimus G is not a good investment anymore. If I was to drop $200 on a cell phone today, I'd get the Xiaomi Redmi. My friend has one and man oh man it's amazing. I believe it works with Canada 3G too. Not too sure though, will have to double check.
22nd June 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #23  
Flag Managua
Thanks Meter: 126

604 posts
More
I'm sorry but anyone who thinks the snapdragon 400 and adreno 305 are better than the snapdragon s4 pro and adreno 320 just because those are newer is a real stupid ****...

And for 200-300 the Optimus G is a hell of a good investment. Ignorance is never bliss.
Sent from my LG-E977 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd June 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 1

242 posts
More
I think Optimus G is pretty good value - but battery life could be better IMO..
The Following User Says Thank You to niknik76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 367

946 posts
More
-_-
Last edited by EvilKing009; 26th June 2014 at 11:10 AM.
26th June 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla

Get something else. The Optimus G is not a good investment anymore. If I was to drop $200 on a cell phone today, I'd get the Xiaomi Redmi. My friend has one and man oh man it's amazing. I believe it works with Canada 3G too. Not too sure though, will have to double check.

Xiaomi Redmi isn't better than Optimus G in any aspect. First of all, Redmi is budget phone, even cheaper than your mentioned 200$. Secondly, it hasn't anything better than Optimus G. Worse procesor (Mediatek or Snapdragon 400), 1GB ram, worse build quality(i guess), and you have to get the phone from China, which means low support if you broke your phone or something.

Same goes to guy who told that Moto G is better than Optimus G haha. First of all, it is again cheaper phone, with worse specs, why even think about cheaper phone if u can go with Optimus G or Galaxy S3 LTE for example?

It is hard to find better phone for this price than Optimus G, maybe some chinese phones, from Oppo or similar. When i was searching for phone, i was thinking about Xiaomi, but for the price i would get MT6589T which is lot worse than Snapdragon in Optimus G, so i prefered to get little more money and go for LG.

//Edit: Yes it is really worth to buy LG Optimus G, especially if you are going to root and mod it which is super easy with this phone. Second good phone i would consider is Galaxy S3 LTE(which has 2GB of ram), but only if u are going to modify the system, stock rom is getting slow over time and without mods sound isn't as good as people says. If stock, i would go for LGOG, if u want to mod it depends on your preference, Camera/Audio(Galaxy S3) or Performance(LGOG). On the other hand, as i said LG is super easy to modify and has good sound after installing ViperAudio for example.
Last edited by Avantu; 26th June 2014 at 11:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Avantu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 367

946 posts
More
ThankS.Just a one more thing.Does it camera got its improvements in stock(LG) Kitkat rom ??
2nd July 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 17

59 posts
I bought my LGOG E975 like 3 months ago. Used on eBay without any scratch or something else for 200EUR. Today, I would buy it again. In these 3 months I had the chance to test it against other much higher priced phones. Don't see any real and serious disadvantage in day-to-day usage against newer phones. Look at the Moto X or something else. Less memory, equal power, less battery life etc. Just an example.

I think LGOG E975 is still a "buy-to-go".
Last edited by gboos; 2nd July 2014 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Deleting Quote

The Following User Says Thank You to gboos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread