OP elevation_2

13th June 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #41  
Flag Maribor
Thanks Meter: 11

143 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitylook

My back has also that very little gap between the back and the frame. Do far so good with Waterproofing. I always go on lake to swim. Just avoid seawater and you'll be fine

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes, I have just called Sony Mobile Support and service for Slovenia and they said it's totally normal like this and it's just a cosmetic "issue" and most of the devices have the same as they even checked those that they had there. And even IF something happens to the phone Sony will cover it. No worries
18th June 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #42  
Matamoros, Mex. Brownsville Tx.
Thanks Meter: 5

16 posts
Donate to Me
More
update
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotoTutu

Post result after replacement. Tks.

Quote:

Hi, did you already replaced the back? Was it easy and did you maintain waterproofing?

yes i did replace it ... but i fu#@$ it up. Once you put the back cover do not remove as the adhesive can only be use once, i did try to remove it for something that i forgot XD and then put it back and right after i did it i also tested the phone in water and it went OK but after a few days the gap problem came back and even worse so i ordered a black cover some new adhesive and will do it again. hopefully this time i will do it right.

I used a hair dryer, a suction cup and some opening tools. The procedure was hard, but it is doable, just buy some extra adhesive and if you can buy an extra back frame
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdam87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 14

423 posts
Quote:

My back has also that very little gap between the back and the frame. Do far so good with Waterproofing. I always go on lake to swim. Just avoid seawater and you'll be fine

i was abusing my z1c in sea water for 10 days everyday,for about at least one hour timeshift shots,recording and phone is working just fine,i have the white one
2nd July 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 16

135 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigorito

i was abusing my z1c in sea water for 10 days everyday,for about at least one hour timeshift shots,recording and phone is working just fine,i have the white one

Nice to hear. I think z1c really can survive sea water but personally i am afraid to try
2nd July 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 14

423 posts
I couldnt resist to try… shots under sea water are cristal clear
The Following User Says Thank You to vigorito For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #46  
Flag Dej, Cluj-Napoca
Thanks Meter: 58

278 posts
More
it`s waterproofing 100% .. i tryed a few time under the water for photos and videos...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
compact, waterproofing, xperia
Previous Thread Next Thread