Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 49,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Only 14 Non-Samsung Apps Available on Tizen?

Tip us?

phil999
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Anthony78 View Post
I was able to gain more apps in my Samsung store my changing the build prop on my phone. I currently have an ATT Note 3 (rooted via Towelroot) and I changed the build prop from this:

ro.product.model= SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

to this:

ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SPH-L900

I did not change anything else, and I have approx 20 apps just in the Entertainment section alone. Multiwatch is there, along with a bunch more.

**Disclaimer, I am not responsible if you jack anything up messing with your build prop info**
Do the apps actually work when loaded?

T-Anthony78
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil999 View Post
Do the apps actually work when loaded?
Absolutely- there's a Biorhythm app in there that I assume will only work for the newer Gears with heart rate sensors, but all others work fine.

I downloaded a buildprop editor app, busybox, and then was able to change the model name to the Note 2 model name referenced in my previous comment. I rebooted an voila, more apps. I downloaded the ones I wanted and switched it back to the Note 3. All good.
The Following User Says Thank You to T-Anthony78 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jmdearras
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
Thanks for that. I have a U.S. Gear with a UK ROM on it. So either my device being a GG1, being from the U.S. where Tizen isn't even released yet, or the UK ROM potentially being a victim of app release timing, are probably affecting what's offered in Samsung Apps. Hopefully more apps will be exposed or available soon. Moving the GG1 to Tizen adds several hundred thousand users so maybe that'll entice developer's. Time will tell.
With a Note 3 on verizon, I see NO samsung apps.