XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Only 14 Non-Samsung Apps Available on Tizen?

OP BarryH_GEG

1st July 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 12

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Anthony78

I was able to gain more apps in my Samsung store my changing the build prop on my phone. I currently have an ATT Note 3 (rooted via Towelroot) and I changed the build prop from this:

ro.product.model= SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

to this:

ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SPH-L900

I did not change anything else, and I have approx 20 apps just in the Entertainment section alone. Multiwatch is there, along with a bunch more.

**Disclaimer, I am not responsible if you jack anything up messing with your build prop info**

Do the apps actually work when loaded?
1st July 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 10

78 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil999

Do the apps actually work when loaded?

Absolutely- there's a Biorhythm app in there that I assume will only work for the newer Gears with heart rate sensors, but all others work fine.

I downloaded a buildprop editor app, busybox, and then was able to change the model name to the Note 2 model name referenced in my previous comment. I rebooted an voila, more apps. I downloaded the ones I wanted and switched it back to the Note 3. All good.
The Following User Says Thank You to T-Anthony78 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #23  
Flag RIchmond, Virginia
Thanks Meter: 19

435 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

Thanks for that. I have a U.S. Gear with a UK ROM on it. So either my device being a GG1, being from the U.S. where Tizen isn't even released yet, or the UK ROM potentially being a victim of app release timing, are probably affecting what's offered in Samsung Apps. Hopefully more apps will be exposed or available soon. Moving the GG1 to Tizen adds several hundred thousand users so maybe that'll entice developer's. Time will tell.

With a Note 3 on verizon, I see NO samsung apps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread