Lg g2 vs98024a 4.4.2 i need a recovery

27th June 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ypsilanti,Mi
Thanks Meter: 7

102 posts
Donate to Me
More
Somebody please point me in the right direction so i can get twrp or cwm recovery on my vs980, im kind of lost here as im usually always doing stuff on samsung galaxy's and normally via odin. I did download the 4.4.4 beanstalk rom along with the new gapps 4 this, however like i said i dont have a recovery installed also im not rooted as that seems difficult aswell.. It looks like you have to deal with adb alot which i honestly did not like it when i tried using in on my galaxy gear watch so i just got wondershare mobilego pro to handle the gear.. I have a galaxy mega so im in no big hurry with this phone i just bought it off a friend cheap lastnight so i figued id play with it and try to upgrade thank you and help would be glady appreciated

p.s i forgot to mention the phone is a verizon but i popped my t mobile sim in and it worked right away i had to make no changes
27th June 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 790

2,883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by banks2878

Somebody please point me in the right direction so i can get twrp or cwm recovery on my vs980, im kind of lost here as im usually always doing stuff on samsung galaxy's and normally via odin. I did download the 4.4.4 beanstalk rom along with the new gapps 4 this, however like i said i dont have a recovery installed also im not rooted as that seems difficult aswell.. It looks like you have to deal with adb alot which i honestly did not like it when i tried using in on my galaxy gear watch so i just got wondershare mobilego pro to handle the gear.. I have a galaxy mega so im in no big hurry with this phone i just bought it off a friend cheap lastnight so i figued id play with it and try to upgrade thank you and help would be glady appreciated

p.s i forgot to mention the phone is a verizon but i popped my t mobile sim in and it worked right away i had to make no changes

Use ioroot25 to root your phone, Autorec to install a recovery on it. If you need details, some searching should turn up their respective threads.
2nd July 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #3  
Flag Orange
Thanks Meter: 21

100 posts
More
Ioroot25 and autorec is the best thing ever, be sure to have drivers updated and USB debugging enabled!!!

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Verizon G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank