Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,296 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tetra Note/Slate 7 Extreme HDMI out question

Tip us?

epictwiglet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Talking [Q] Tetra Note/Slate 7 Extreme HDMI out question

Hey guys,

So any way to disable the in built display so the chip isn't running two diplays? The HDMI monitor lags a little, and the built in one doesn't when they are both running.

The shield can do it so maybe this can too?

Cheers

gtmgtm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default dual displays not necessary for battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by epictwiglet View Post
Hey guys,

So any way to disable the in built display so the chip isn't running two diplays? The HDMI monitor lags a little, and the built in one doesn't when they are both running.

The shield can do it so maybe this can too?

Cheers

I notice you got no response to this question, did you figure out how to disable the internal display when hdmi out? obviously would increase battery life enormously when playing back movies to a bigger screen. I've only just got my tegra and this was one of the first issues I've encountered.

epictwiglet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Nah, its a piece of junk, and im glad i only spent 170 dollars on it. I dont use it anymore. The pen nib has fallen apart too and i cant find a replacement less than 20 dollars, so its USP is null and void for me. I use my xperia z2 exclusively now, which incidentally is twice as powerful. Never again. Sony and Samsung for me.

ToJa92
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmgtm View Post
I notice you got no response to this question, did you figure out how to disable the internal display when hdmi out? obviously would increase battery life enormously when playing back movies to a bigger screen. I've only just got my tegra and this was one of the first issues I've encountered.
You could try this app, though it does require you to root.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenstandby
Apple iPhone 4S (64GB, black, iOS 7.1) ■ EVGA Tegra Note 7 ■ Apple MacBook Pro Retina (128GB, i5, 4GB RAM, late 2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

epictwiglet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
You could try this app, though it does require you to root.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenstandby
Great shout, unfortunately rooting the (i have a Slate 7 Extreme) is near on impossible.

I have rooted plenty of devices but this one is far beyond my capabilities. It doesnt come with any USB drivers so it wont connect to a PC, so you cant unlock the bootlader. There are programs that claim to get around this, such as MoboRobo, but they dont.

So its collecting dust :/

Thanks for the recommendation though.

ToJa92
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by epictwiglet View Post
Great shout, unfortunately rooting the (i have a Slate 7 Extreme) is near on impossible.

I have rooted plenty of devices but this one is far beyond my capabilities. It doesnt come with any USB drivers so it wont connect to a PC, so you cant unlock the bootlader. There are programs that claim to get around this, such as MoboRobo, but they dont.

So its collecting dust :/

Thanks for the recommendation though.
I simply followed these instructions today (I got my Note 7 today): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541784

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2627654 should also work. Just make sure to run Impactor as an administrator to install drivers, you need to install drivers once after enabling ADB on your Note 7, and another time once it has rebooted to the bootloader.
Apple iPhone 4S (64GB, black, iOS 7.1) ■ EVGA Tegra Note 7 ■ Apple MacBook Pro Retina (128GB, i5, 4GB RAM, late 2013)