Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,365 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] KitKatDS Simcard Unlocking

Tip us?

Conner_Itayi
Old
(Last edited by Conner_Itayi; 26th June 2014 at 03:45 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] KitKatDS Simcard Unlocking

Hey guys,

So I've got KitKatDS on my MT4GS however I need to know how to unlock the phone to use my AT&T simcard, I remember doing something with the terminal to get the unlock code, along with putting a few digits into the phone to get the IMEI number however I don't know what I put in. Along with that, when attempting to search for a network provider the phone tells me that there's a network error. Somewhere on the original thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551715) there was something about it however I didn't understand exactly how to do it, so if anyone could help out, give some steps that would be great!

Thanks, Conner

joel.maxuel
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner_Itayi View Post
Hey guys,

So I've got KitKatDS on my MT4GS however I need to know how to unlock the phone to use my AT&T simcard, I remember doing something with the terminal to get the unlock code, along with putting a few digits into the phone to get the IMEI number however I don't know what I put in. Along with that, when attempting to search for a network provider the phone tells me that there's a network error. Somewhere on the original thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551715) there was something about it however I didn't understand exactly how to do it, so if anyone could help out, give some steps that would be great!

Thanks, Conner
Hi Conner,

This is a bit like what I had. Non-stock based ROM's (such as CyanogenMod) don't play nice with the unlock process. Normally when you boot up with the foreign SIM card in, it will ask for the unlock code before you can even get to the dialer.

To complete the unlock process, you must be on stock, or a stock based ROM. I used MikTouch (download link), and aside from the first boot taking forever (almost thought it was in bootloop), the process went smoothly. However, to use MikTouch, you will need to downgrade your recovery temporarily (or you will get an assert failure while flashing).

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel

Primary Phone: HTC MyTouch 4G Slide (Doubleshot), S-Off, running CyanogenMod 10.1
Backup Phone: Samsung Infuse 4G (i997R) running Beanstalk 4.4+
On Order: LG Optimus F3Q, running stock
The Following User Says Thank You to joel.maxuel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Conner_Itayi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks joel, I'll give it a try, any suggestions to what I should backdate to?

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using XDA Free mobile app

joel.maxuel
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Thanks joel, I'll give it a try, any suggestions to what I should backdate to?

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using XDA Free mobile app
Depending on your preference (whichever recovery you are used to, probably ClockWork) I would use either CWM 5.0.2.7 or TWRP 2.2.2.0
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel

Primary Phone: HTC MyTouch 4G Slide (Doubleshot), S-Off, running CyanogenMod 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to joel.maxuel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Conner_Itayi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel.maxuel View Post
Depending on your preference (whichever recovery you are used to, probably ClockWork) I would use either CWM 5.0.2.7 or TWRP 2.2.2.0
Thanks, will try. I'll let you know what happens.

Conner_Itayi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default New issue?

1.4 seems to help people with the 'network error' in 1.3 however when I load the new rom android continuously crashes and i have no way to access the phone apart from the cyanogen start screen and the crash notification.

joel.maxuel
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
1.4 seems to help people with the 'network error' in 1.3 however when I load the new rom android continuously crashes and i have no way to access the phone apart from the cyanogen start screen and the crash notification.
Might have been a bad download. Try downloading again, then factory reset (data, cache, dalvik) before flashing again. Hopefully that's all is needed.
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel