Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 49,923 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ATT-5.12.502.2-TWRP-stock-unrooted + Guru Reset

Tip us?

clsA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 851

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubnjacked View Post
im in the same boat... do i flash this from TWRP or from stock boot loader?
what are you trying to gain by flashing just recovery ?

fastboot flash recovery stock_recovery.img

4.18.502.7 stock_recovery - Delete the part in Red
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

ubnjacked
Old
(Last edited by ubnjacked; 17th June 2014 at 12:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
what are you trying to gain by flashing just recovery ?

fastboot flash recovery stock_recovery.img

4.18.502.7 stock_recovery - Delete the part in Red
im trying to get the stock recovery on... i currently was using rom manager and want to change to stock sorry really kinda noob when it come to this phone, my old htc inspire was super easy =)

StephenMSmith
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I think this is just what I need -- I can restore just system from the this TWRP backup in my TWRP recovery and then essentially have an 5.5 --> 6.0 upgrade same as OTA would do if I weren't S-ON/unlocked and could actually apply OTA updates??

I want to avoid having to reconfigure or reinstall anything. I know I take my own risk and if trouble, will have to factory reset.

Wonders_Never_Cease
Old
Thanks Meter 247
Dont know if that will work....good luck

StephenMSmith
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Almost does. Booted up just fine and all my apps and settings/config was there other than the wallpaper and Blinkfeed settings. Feeling great right up until the spontaneous reboot, lol. OK, now I'll just do a full restore of this backup and then do a Titanium Backup restore for my apps and settings. Hopefully, that works no prob...

Wonders_Never_Cease
Old
Thanks Meter 247
Your gonna have issues again,never restore system data/settings....apps ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenMSmith View Post
Almost does. Booted up just fine and all my apps and settings/config was there other than the wallpaper and Blinkfeed settings. Feeling great right up until the spontaneous reboot, lol. OK, now I'll just do a full restore of this backup and then do a Titanium Backup restore for my apps and settings. Hopefully, that works no prob...

StephenMSmith
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Really? I've done it in the past (flashed an RUU for 4.x and then restored system settings and user apps) w/o issue. Will report on this attempt shortly.

StephenMSmith
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This worked fine. I retired user apps and system data (not system apps of course ). All my setting intact except for the sense stuff. No problems at all.

Wonders_Never_Cease
Old
Thanks Meter 247
Last post in here as to not hijack thread, it is always best to reinstall and set up apps from scratch on new rom, the way you and many others do this restore,your settings from an older system/rom may overwrite the newer improvements enhancements in the newer rom, your walking two steps forward and 6 backwards...just my thoughts on it

The Following User Says Thank You to Wonders_Never_Cease For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]