Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,161 Members 41,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to remove samsung manual bookmark in stock browser android AOSP

Tip us?

mickey2foot
Old
(Last edited by mickey2foot; 2nd July 2014 at 04:44 AM.) Reason: updating for KitKat
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Default How to remove samsung manual bookmark in stock browser android AOSP

The bookmark Samsung manual in stock browser is not editable. Here are the instructions to make any bookmark editable, then you can change and delete as normal. Please note may not work on KitKat version..

1. You need root access.
2. Open root explorer to location .
/data/data/com.sec.android.app.sbrower/app-sbrowers/Default/Bookmarks

This may vary with different versions of android thus search "bookmark" under /data/data

3. Open file with Text editor .. Then change all .... "editable": "0", to "editable": "1",

Save file and exit all is done..

4. Just delete as usual now..

Please click thanks if it works for you..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mickey2foot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dead Silence
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I tried to get rid of the unremovable Samsung Mobile bookmark in the stock browser on my rooted KitKat version of the N8010. I could not find anything in /data/data or data/user/0/.... Any other option to find bookmarks? Thanks in advance.

mickey2foot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Silence View Post
I tried to get rid of the unremovable Samsung Mobile bookmark in the stock browser on my rooted KitKat version of the N8010. I could not find anything in /data/data or data/user/0/.... Any other option to find bookmarks? Thanks in advance.
Hello,

Just checking that you are rooted at the moment I cannot check as I do not have a phone on KitKat. the location might have been changed due to policy changes in KitKat try looking in the stock browser directory as i have heard all files in kitkat must be in this location. Kitkat does not allow data to be placed in other directories. This policy can change through rooting however this is a non root app so again look in app directory..

I hope this helps..
Upgrade your fruit to a smart phone

ZP990+
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9002
Samsung Galaxy S III I9305
HTC Touch Pro2
HTC Hermes100
HTC wizard

zabara
Old
Thanks Meter 2
It worked for me, many thanks for you