Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Problems with offline charging

OP laurorual

28th June 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salvador
Thanks Meter: 31

285 posts
More
I'm havin problems with offline charging after i installed cm11. I've tried change kernel and change rom (i'm using PA rom now) and i'm still with the same problem.
When i plug the charger on my phone while turned off, it shows a battery icon with a question mark on it and i think it's not charging. Is this a general problem or did i make something wrong?
29th June 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 536

1,208 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try keeping it plugged in. See if it charges or not.

Also,did you change your bootlogo?
29th June 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salvador

285 posts
More
I didn't change my bootlogo. it boots motorola bootloader and then shows the battery icon with the question mark. I left my phone charging this way for a couple of hours and tried to turn it on. my phone booted with 0% battery and then shutted down, so definitely it is not charging. other thing I notice is that when my phone enter this buggy offline charging mode, I have to press power button + volume down to reboot my phone, it kind of get stuck in this mode when my phone enter it
29th June 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #4  

1,208 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try using a different charger.

It doesn't seem to be a common issue.
Can you power up the phone whilst charger connected.?
29th June 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salvador

285 posts
More
I've tried two different chargers, one of my Moto X and the original one. If I want to charge the phone I need to turn it on first and then plug the charger. I can't turn it on with the charger on cuz it is stuck on that screen with the battery icon

I'm starting to think I've done something wrong. I did the following to get where I am right now:
I was on stock firmware, so I rooted the phone and installed the newest version of SS. Then I downloaded cm11 and gapps and copied to the phone. I entered the SS and wiped everything. After that I installed cm11 and gapps.
When I discovered that issue I've tried install JBX kernel to fix it and nothing. then I wiped everything again and installed PA rom + gapps and still that issue. Did I do something wrong?
Last edited by laurorual; 29th June 2014 at 07:20 PM.
29th June 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #6  

1,208 posts
Donate to Me
More
No, you didn't do anything wrong.
Since its persistent across both ROMS, its not a ROM issue either.

In my opinion, its most probably a problem with port or the board. The port doesn't deliver enough power.

You can try flashing the stock ROM back, it might repair in case something s/w related is corrupted. If it doesn't work after that, then its a h/w glitch for sure.
29th June 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salvador

285 posts
More
just in case, if I install stock rom and the problem goes away, what might be causing this problem?
1st July 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salvador

285 posts
More
I can't re-flash stock rom because I can't charge my phone and I can't boot into the rom or recovery. I don't think fastboot charges my phone. I just realized that bootloader is locked. Maybe this is the problem, isn't it?

it isn't a h/w glitch because before cm11 it was OK to charge offline
2nd July 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #9  

1,208 posts
Donate to Me
More
You'll need a factory cable to flash in case your phone has insufficient power.

Look for it, there's a guide about making one in the general section I suppose.
2nd July 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salvador

285 posts
More
No need, I've managed to charge the phone through USB on my pc. When I plug the charger on my phone, that glitch happens, but when I plug the USB on my pc, the phone lights up a white led and apparently it charges the phone (slower, but charges). That's really weird. I really want to know what is happening to my phone

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread