Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,758 Members 38,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bye bye Optimus G

Tip us?

skate4life
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119
Default Bye bye Optimus G

Hello my friends. The time has come for me to let the optimus g and try a new phone. I said that i won't buy LG anymore... because they gave a s**t kitkat update to our G .. but they gave it anyway , so I will try possible my last LG Phone.

So i bought an LG G Pro 2.(3 gb of ram + kitkat from factory) . Hope the phone will get lg g3 ui though.

What i want to say.. for people who know.. we have a group on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/optimusg/

I will continue to support this group(moderate+add new users).

However it's time to pass the legacy to another optimus G user... so feel free to apply for admin function in the group.

The post model:

about how long you plan to keep the optimus G:
member of the group: yes/no

I will choose the winner based on the reputation at my discretion.
No music ♫ ♪, no life

Lg G Pro 2 D838

Swearing and cursing

Since

Lg Optimus Black P970
The Following User Says Thank You to skate4life For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

itsdacj
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by skate4life View Post
Hello my friends. The time has come for me to let the optimus g and try a new phone. I said that i won't buy LG anymore... because they gave a s**t kitkat update to our G .. but they gave it anyway , so I will try possible my last LG Phone.

So i bought an LG G Pro 2.(3 gb of ram + kitkat from factory) . Hope the phone will get lg g3 ui though.

However it's time to pass the legacy to another optimus G user... so feel free to apply for admin function in the group.

The post model:

I plan to keep my OG for a while yet, can't find the perfect rom though...always something messed up. I only bought mine last October and rooted and rom'd it out of the box. I think I'll keep it for another year or 18 months, then I'll have probably broken it somehow be it cracking it or bricking it. But, after everything, this is my favourite phone...ever. Best phone I've ever owned. Period.

Sent from my iPad Mini (1st Gen) running iOS 7.1.1
MY DEVICES
  • LG Optimus G - CM11 4.4.4 - Solid Kernel (For now, always switching ROM).
  • iPad Mini (Non Retina) - 16GB - White - iOS 8 Beta 5.

Galileo
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Try Omnirom's official nightlies, been using those for a while now and everything is perfect, also on some of the builds battery is amazing. You could also use stock, if you have an E975 you can already flash the KDZ, if you have an E977 or ATT, T mobile optimus g, well, you will have to wait a bit more just like me pal.
Sent from my LG-E977 using XDA Free mobile app
HTC mytouch 4g Slide 4GB Memory (Currently being used by brother).
SilverL CM10.1.2 Android 4.2.2
Jelly Kang 1.9 Android 4.2.2 with WILD kernel.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG Optimus G E975/77
CM10.2 Stable
Liquid smooth 2.37 Official

prog19
Old
Thanks Meter 88
After complaining so much about the lg update policy you choose lg again ? I know that lg made great devices, but it takes balls of steel to make the decision to stay with this OEM.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to prog19 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skate4life
Old
(Last edited by skate4life; 20th June 2014 at 04:34 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by prog19 View Post
After complaining so much about the lg update policy you choose lg again ? I know that lg made great devices, but it takes balls of steel to make the decision to stay with this OEM.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app
luckly i have them ..and..i always wanted to try a phone with buttons on the back ..i guess i'm moved by 3 gb of ram and that display ..and hope that phone will get flat ui. if not... i will sell it and buy an iphone. (larger ofc.. 4.7 or 5.5 ) . had enough android experience. at least apple give proper updates.
No music ♫ ♪, no life

Lg G Pro 2 D838

Swearing and cursing

Since

Lg Optimus Black P970

Galileo
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
luckly i have them ..and..i always wanted to try a phone with buttons on the back ..i guess i'm moved by 3 gb of ram and that display ..and hope that phone will get flat ui. if not... i will sell it and buy an iphone. (larger ofc.. 4.7 or 5.5 ) . had enough android experience. at least apple give proper updates.
Lol, yer a masochist.
HTC mytouch 4g Slide 4GB Memory (Currently being used by brother).
SilverL CM10.1.2 Android 4.2.2
Jelly Kang 1.9 Android 4.2.2 with WILD kernel.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG Optimus G E975/77
CM10.2 Stable
Liquid smooth 2.37 Official

steffenbakke
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:

The post model:

Just broke my own Optimus g... Plan to get it repaired and buy a lg g 3 aswell, and stick with the g as a toy :P

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Free mobile app

Rangell11
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Brand new phone and already hoping to receive update (flat ui). Bad choice man. Anyway good luck.

gboos
Old
Thanks Meter 13
In my opinion upgrade from G to G2 not worth it for general usage day-to-day.

Gilbert_Sarip
Old
Thanks Meter 17
i keep this phone for a time, until android L is official release, since LG will not upgrade to Android L & need it for Android Development then will switch to a nexus or other LG phone
HTC Wildfire >> LG Optimus G E975 >>???
Device: LG Optimus G E975
OS & Kernel: Stock LG Rom (KitKat 4.4.2)