No registration required

Bye bye Optimus G

OP skate4life

19th June 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125

357 posts
More
Hello my friends. The time has come for me to let the optimus g and try a new phone. I said that i won't buy LG anymore... because they gave a s**t kitkat update to our G .. but they gave it anyway , so I will try possible my last LG Phone.

So i bought an LG G Pro 2.(3 gb of ram + kitkat from factory) . Hope the phone will get lg g3 ui though.

What i want to say.. for people who know.. we have a group on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/optimusg/

I will continue to support this group(moderate+add new users).

However it's time to pass the legacy to another optimus G user... so feel free to apply for admin function in the group.

The post model:

about how long you plan to keep the optimus G:
member of the group: yes/no

I will choose the winner based on the reputation at my discretion.
The Following User Says Thank You to skate4life For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #2  
Flag Northants
Thanks Meter: 41

294 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skate4life

Hello my friends. The time has come for me to let the optimus g and try a new phone. I said that i won't buy LG anymore... because they gave a s**t kitkat update to our G .. but they gave it anyway , so I will try possible my last LG Phone.

So i bought an LG G Pro 2.(3 gb of ram + kitkat from factory) . Hope the phone will get lg g3 ui though.

However it's time to pass the legacy to another optimus G user... so feel free to apply for admin function in the group.

The post model:

I plan to keep my OG for a while yet, can't find the perfect rom though...always something messed up. I only bought mine last October and rooted and rom'd it out of the box. I think I'll keep it for another year or 18 months, then I'll have probably broken it somehow be it cracking it or bricking it. But, after everything, this is my favourite phone...ever. Best phone I've ever owned. Period.

Sent from my iPad Mini (1st Gen) running iOS 7.1.1
20th June 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #3  
Flag Managua
Thanks Meter: 133

632 posts
More
Try Omnirom's official nightlies, been using those for a while now and everything is perfect, also on some of the builds battery is amazing. You could also use stock, if you have an E975 you can already flash the KDZ, if you have an E977 or ATT, T mobile optimus g, well, you will have to wait a bit more just like me pal.
Sent from my LG-E977 using XDA Free mobile app
20th June 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 131

444 posts
After complaining so much about the lg update policy you choose lg again ? I know that lg made great devices, but it takes balls of steel to make the decision to stay with this OEM.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to prog19 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125

357 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prog19

After complaining so much about the lg update policy you choose lg again ? I know that lg made great devices, but it takes balls of steel to make the decision to stay with this OEM.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

luckly i have them ..and..i always wanted to try a phone with buttons on the back ..i guess i'm moved by 3 gb of ram and that display ..and hope that phone will get flat ui. if not... i will sell it and buy an iphone. (larger ofc.. 4.7 or 5.5 ) . had enough android experience. at least apple give proper updates.
Last edited by skate4life; 20th June 2014 at 05:34 AM.
20th June 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #6  
Flag Managua
Thanks Meter: 133

632 posts
More
Quote:

luckly i have them ..and..i always wanted to try a phone with buttons on the back ..i guess i'm moved by 3 gb of ram and that display ..and hope that phone will get flat ui. if not... i will sell it and buy an iphone. (larger ofc.. 4.7 or 5.5 ) . had enough android experience. at least apple give proper updates.

Lol, yer a masochist.
21st June 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 84

459 posts
More
Quote:

The post model:

Just broke my own Optimus g... Plan to get it repaired and buy a lg g 3 aswell, and stick with the g as a toy :P

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Free mobile app
21st June 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 13

55 posts
Quote:

Brand new phone and already hoping to receive update (flat ui). Bad choice man. Anyway good luck.
2nd July 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 19

67 posts
In my opinion upgrade from G to G2 not worth it for general usage day-to-day.
3rd July 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #10  
Flag Commewijne, Meerzorg
Thanks Meter: 17

78 posts
i keep this phone for a time, until android L is official release, since LG will not upgrade to Android L & need it for Android Development then will switch to a nexus or other LG phone

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread