Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,510 Members 55,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchscreen not working after 4.4.3 update

Tip us?

mdamaged
Old
Thanks Meter 840

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by opreda View Post
Thanks for the link. I ran the dead_nexus7.bat file since I couldn't turn on the USB debugging. It wiped out everything. I then ran the command to relock the bootloader. All set. Talked with Asus (web chat) and got an RMA number. They even sent me a FedEx label to use. Now I am more comfortable sending this unit back since it has been restored to stock and the bootloader is locked again. Thank you for all of your help.
No problem, please let me know how it worked out. Good luck!
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.

opreda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Smile Update to my issue...

I contacted Asus using their web chat. Told the CSR about my issue and confirmed my Nexus 7 serial number. They emailed me paperwork to take to my local FedEx shipping location. It happened to be our local Office Max store. They scanned in the bar-code and processed it. I got a confirmation email with the tracking number. This was around June 6th. They received it in Texas 4-5 days later (because of the weekend). I checked the status almost every day. About 10 days after they received it I saw a status update. They included a FedEx tracking number but every time I entered it into the FedEx website, it showed up as invalid. I gave it a couple of days and then called FedEx. They were able to track the package and it was delivered to my house in late June. All in all it took about 3 weeks but they did repair it. I thought they would have just sent me a refurbished tablet. They actually fixed my tablet because it still had my screen protector on it. Just wanted to update you with the good news. My son was so excited to finally get his tablet back. I wasn't expecting it to take so long but I guess I can't complain. It didn't cost me anything out of pocket even to ship it to them. Thank you for your help with getting everything back to stock and the boot-loader locked.

Tablet was originally purchased as a refurbished tablet from a seller on EBay. It was supposed to have a 90-day warranty from Asus. Glad they held up their end. It all worked out in the end.
The Following User Says Thank You to opreda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mdamaged
Old
Thanks Meter 840

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by opreda View Post
I contacted Asus using their web chat. Told the CSR about my issue and confirmed my Nexus 7 serial number. They emailed me paperwork to take to my local FedEx shipping location. It happened to be our local Office Max store. They scanned in the bar-code and processed it. I got a confirmation email with the tracking number. This was around June 6th. They received it in Texas 4-5 days later (because of the weekend). I checked the status almost every day. About 10 days after they received it I saw a status update. They included a FedEx tracking number but every time I entered it into the FedEx website, it showed up as invalid. I gave it a couple of days and then called FedEx. They were able to track the package and it was delivered to my house in late June. All in all it took about 3 weeks but they did repair it. I thought they would have just sent me a refurbished tablet. They actually fixed my tablet because it still had my screen protector on it. Just wanted to update you with the good news. My son was so excited to finally get his tablet back. I wasn't expecting it to take so long but I guess I can't complain. It didn't cost me anything out of pocket even to ship it to them. Thank you for your help with getting everything back to stock and the boot-loader locked.

Tablet was originally purchased as a refurbished tablet from a seller on EBay. It was supposed to have a 90-day warranty from Asus. Glad they held up their end. It all worked out in the end.

Good to hear, thanks for the update.
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.