No registration required

Wireless Charging Notification Sound

OP telveer

27th May 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

36 posts
More
Is there a way to disable Wireless Charging Notification Sound? There are two different types of sounds my S5 makes when placed on a wireless mat. A three tone sound, followed by a two tone sound. The three tone sound is made only once ... I do not have any problem with it. Its the two tone sound that drives me crazy. It keeps ringing all through the night, at random times. It looks like it makes a sound each time the charge state changes (stop, start, resume, pause, etc). I do not want to disable my notification sounds or phone volume altogether. I just want to mute this one sound (without ROOT, I would like to add). TIA
28th May 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag Savannah, GA
Thanks Meter: 11

103 posts
More
Is your phone in the case? Is that it losing connectivity with the wireless charger. If it is in a case try using the phone on the charger without the case to see if this prevents the two tone from repeating

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
3rd July 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #3  
Flag Orem, Utah
Thanks Meter: 8

46 posts
More
Same question for me.
I would also like to find out how to disable this sound. I have root so I have access to system files. I wonder if there is a setting in /system/csc/features.xml to investigate. I know that the camera shutter sound can be disabled from that file so I wonder if it also deals with notification sounds.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread