FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

Rooted, Now Can't Update… 8.4 wifi

271 posts
Thanks Meter: 38
 
By rholm, Senior Member on 29th June 2014, 02:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I rooted with towel root. Knox still shows 0x0. If I check of updates to the OS, I says my has changed and there are no updates. How can i reenable updates? Eventually, I'll install CM or something, but for now i want to install the latest.

I've had a few random reboots. They seem to be warm boots, because my uptime doesn't reset. I want to see if an updates fixes this problem. Other than this, eveeything has been great.

Cheers,
Rich
 
 
29th June 2014, 08:38 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Ok, I did the following:

- unrooted (with SuperSu)
- did a factory reset
- rooted with towel root (again)
- ran SuperSu and left knox running
- reinstalled apps with TB

Everything now looks good. The "Check Update" no longer complains. I want to run this way for a little while. Will install CM in the future.

Cheers,
Rich
30th June 2014, 12:28 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rholm

Ok, I did the following:

- unrooted (with SuperSu)
- did a factory reset
- rooted with towel root (again)
- ran SuperSu and left knox running
- reinstalled apps with TB

Everything now looks good. The "Check Update" no longer complains. I want to run this way for a little while. Will install CM in the future.

Cheers,
Rich

So you were able to take the latest OTA and you still have root and a custom recovery, and your Knox flag is still 0?
30th June 2014, 04:13 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartv

So you were able to take the latest OTA and you still have root and a custom recovery, and your Knox flag is still 0?

There was no OTA. So, still waiting to see what happens there. My knox is still 0x0 as i did not install a custom recovery. Towel root does not trip knox.

I'm on rooted stock. Knox is still running. I did not disable it with SuperSu. So far, no random reboots (10 hours)… very stable.

I will install a custom recovery and CM at some point in the future. I want to keep my warrenty intact for a while. I bought this tablet last weekend. I like it.

Cheers,
Rich
30th June 2014, 01:42 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rholm

There was no OTA.

Gotcha. So what is your build number (from Settings/About device)?

Mine came with NAI installed. I don't know yet what build number it is going to install when I let it apply the OTA.

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

I just took the OTA. I am now on build number ND3. Just FYI.
30th June 2014, 01:53 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartv

Gotcha. So what is your build number (from Settings/About device)?

Mine came with NAI installed. I don't know yet what build number it is going to install when I let it apply the OTA.

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

I just took the OTA. I am now on build number ND3. Just FYI.

ND3.

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rholm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 01:58 AM |#7  
Member
Paso Robles, CA
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rholm

ND3.

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Are you on a UK device? If so, I see from sammobile.com that the latest NF3 was released. You can download it and flash with odin. It will unroot, so you will have to re-root. I believe as long as you don't flash a custom recovery, the warranty flag will stay at 0x0. That way you don't have to wait for the ota update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes