Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,259 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIXED] Htc one not updating OTA to Sense 6

Tip us?

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy2343 View Post
Thanks majmoz, even am clueless. The phone is communicating absolutely fine with the computer in fastboot mode which changes to fastboot usb as soon as i connect the cable but if i connect the cable after booting the phone normally (to backup data or do anything), it immediately shows "phone in usb host mode" and windows fails to connect with it.

Thanks
I was wondering is USB Debugging enabled in "Developer Options"? It probably doesn't have any bearing on this situation. I also found this post about Phone in USB Host Mode. If these symptoms are what you are experiencing read through the post and pay particular attention to post #8 by @tobesedated. What is being reported by your PC at the time?

coolboy2343
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz View Post
I was wondering is USB Debugging enabled in "Developer Options"? It probably doesn't have any bearing on this situation. I also found this post about Phone in USB Host Mode. If these symptoms are what you are experiencing read through the post and pay particular attention to post #8 by @tobesedated. What is being reported by your PC at the time?
Yes that same option is enabled under developer options, i am having the exact same issues like OP. Once connected to computer, phone wont charge with a wall charger until it reboots.
If the mobile is connected to computer in bootloader mode, windows recognises the device absolutely fine and reflects in device manager "shows android device - my htc", if you boot normally to home screen and connect to computer then it shows on mobile "phone in usb host mode" and device manager shows nothing.

Seems i can just flash firmware or custom ROM's etc but not able to connect to computer to transfer anything to sd card like a user is able to on that thread.

coolboy2343
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Good news guys, as luck would have it, i read somewhere on xda that to reset the charging mode, switch the phone off, then charge it for 10 mins, hold vol down + up+power button and let it be for 2 mins. I did the same and no more usb host errors, phone is connecting absolutely fine to computer as well as wall charger.

Finding the way out now to update the phone to sense 6.0, saw a 4.19.1540.9 RUU on htc guru but the server is so slow, every time the download breaks at 100-150 mb. Any other workaround?

Thanks

coolboy2343
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks a ton to @alray, @yatindroid, @SaHiLzZ and @majmoz i finally downloaded the 4.19.1540.9 RUU from Android ruu, connected to windows 7, used the .exe file and it smoothly flashed the stock firmware. After it, updated OTA to sense 6 and this time the update went smoothly and my M7 is now updated to sense 6. It is completely stock now, will easily get OTA updates in future and i wanted to set things right before selling it off so that the future owner does not face issues with the phone, not every one is a member of Xda .
If any one is facing the red triangle issue, download the ruu, flash it to revert to completely stock and then update OTA to glory.
Thanks guys

AahmadB
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem the red triangle cam when I was trying to update to sense 6 it failed now some of the pre installed apps sent working (music player,message etc.) My phone is completely stock I I don't know how to restore using ruu or anything please help

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 942

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AahmadB View Post
I have the same problem the red triangle cam when I was trying to update to sense 6 it failed now some of the pre installed apps sent working (music player,message etc.) My phone is completely stock I I don't know how to restore using ruu or anything please help
post the output of fastboot getvar all excluding imei and serialno.

are you sure your phone is 100% stock?

can the phone boot in the OS?
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

AahmadB
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
post the output of fastboot getvar all excluding imei and serialno.

are you sure your phone is 100% stock?

can the phone boot in the OS?

INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.56.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 4A.25.3263.21
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 4.19.401.11
INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
INFOmeid: 00000000000000
INFOproduct: m7_ul
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8064
INFOcidnum: HTC__J15
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 3821mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0

yes it is completely stock no modification no custom rom i dont even know how to flash or anything yes it boots up normally most of the things are working except bluetooth music player mesaages app