Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,216 Members 53,439 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can you downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3?

Tip us?

spitz123321
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can you downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3?

I have been up for hours and hours but cannot find a way to root with the new 4.4.2 update but if I could only downgrade to 4.3 I could root is there any possible way to do this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

mushypizza
Old
Thanks Meter 11
There is no way to downgrade once you accepted the update to 4.4, im sorry. Even if there was a way to root, you cannot downgrade back to 4.3
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Stock 4.4 Kitkat rooted

HTC Droid Incredible 2
SRZ 1.3

spitz123321
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ah well that sucks :'(

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

satseaker
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I just wanted to confirm that you can Odin back to MJ9 4.3 from the newest ND3 4.3 to regain root. This is for 4.3 bootlocked GN2s ONLY. It was quite painless actually, all my data was as it was before. I backed up to the internal memory using Helium just in case (since I lost root), but I was able use saferoot without issue and am now back to rooted. <br />
<br />
I had used Kingo before to root, so I am actually glad to use saferoot this time since I am planning to install SafeStrap and flash N3BULA over: stock soon.<br/>

ms2sf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by satseaker View Post
I just wanted to confirm that you can Odin back to MJ9 4.3 from the newest ND3 4.3 to regain root. This is for 4.3 bootlocked GN2s ONLY. It was quite painless actually, all my data was as it was before. I backed up to the internal memory using Helium just in case (since I lost root), but I was able use saferoot without issue and am now back to rooted. <br />
<br />
I had used Kingo before to root, so I am actually glad to use saferoot this time since I am planning to install SafeStrap and flash N3BULA over: stock soon.<br/>
Frustrating Newbie here. I have looked at prior postings before asking this question.

I have a Verizon Note 4.4.2 Kernel 3.0.31 dpi@SWDD5710#1... KST 2014
Build Number: KOT49H.1605VRUFND7

I have never rooted this phone before. Can I root this phone?

TonikJDK
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms2sf View Post
Frustrating Newbie here. I have looked at prior postings before asking this question.

I have a Verizon Note 4.4.2 Kernel 3.0.31 dpi@SWDD5710#1... KST 2014
Build Number: KOT49H.1605VRUFND7

I have never rooted this phone before. Can I root this phone?
No.