Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Can you downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3?

23rd June 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have been up for hours and hours but cannot find a way to root with the new 4.4.2 update but if I could only downgrade to 4.3 I could root is there any possible way to do this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd June 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

64 posts
There is no way to downgrade once you accepted the update to 4.4, im sorry. Even if there was a way to root, you cannot downgrade back to 4.3
23rd June 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Ah well that sucks :'(

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
24th June 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 34

364 posts
I just wanted to confirm that you can Odin back to MJ9 4.3 from the newest ND3 4.3 to regain root. This is for 4.3 bootlocked GN2s ONLY. It was quite painless actually, all my data was as it was before. I backed up to the internal memory using Helium just in case (since I lost root), but I was able use saferoot without issue and am now back to rooted. <br />
<br />
I had used Kingo before to root, so I am actually glad to use saferoot this time since I am planning to install SafeStrap and flash N3BULA over: stock soon.<br/>
2nd July 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #5  

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by satseaker

I just wanted to confirm that you can Odin back to MJ9 4.3 from the newest ND3 4.3 to regain root. This is for 4.3 bootlocked GN2s ONLY. It was quite painless actually, all my data was as it was before. I backed up to the internal memory using Helium just in case (since I lost root), but I was able use saferoot without issue and am now back to rooted. <br />
<br />
I had used Kingo before to root, so I am actually glad to use saferoot this time since I am planning to install SafeStrap and flash N3BULA over: stock soon.<br/>

Frustrating Newbie here. I have looked at prior postings before asking this question.

I have a Verizon Note 4.4.2 Kernel 3.0.31 dpi@SWDD5710#1... KST 2014
Build Number: KOT49H.1605VRUFND7

I have never rooted this phone before. Can I root this phone?
3rd July 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 31

141 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms2sf

Frustrating Newbie here. I have looked at prior postings before asking this question.

I have a Verizon Note 4.4.2 Kernel 3.0.31 dpi@SWDD5710#1... KST 2014
Build Number: KOT49H.1605VRUFND7

I have never rooted this phone before. Can I root this phone?

No.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread