Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Logitech Keyboard for 10.5 inch version

OP csmits

25th June 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 22

93 posts
Logitech announced a keyboard case specific for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10inch)
It can be pre-ordered now for 99 USD and should be available this month.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...alaxy-tab-s-10

I wonder if I should go for that or the standard Samsung Keyboard. Does anybody now when this would be available?
25th June 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 90

847 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmits

Logitech announced a keyboard case specific for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10inch)
It can be pre-ordered now for 99 USD and should be available this month.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...alaxy-tab-s-10

I wonder if I should go for that or the standard Samsung Keyboard. Does anybody now when this would be available?

i'd trust logitech on making a great keyboard more than samsung.
26th June 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Looks like neither are available yet. Logitech is accepting pre-orders on their site. I was really hoping to be able to find a cheapo Chinese cover, since I've been really happy with the $30 one I bought for my iPad Air, but it looks like there really aren't many keyboard covers to speak of for Android tablets. Dropping $100 on a keyboard that I'll use infrequently is a tough pill to swallow. Bummer.
29th June 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

9 posts
Looks exactly like the cheap overpriced keyboard they sell at best buy for the tab 3. I like the way the Samsung one looks more so than what I've seen with the previous case/keyboard, I prefer the "Platinum" best buy brand over this one.
29th June 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #5  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,217

5,358 posts
BestBuy has these in stock now. Very nice if that's what you are after. The obvious downside is the weight and limited viewing angles.
2nd July 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii

BestBuy has these in stock now. Very nice if that's what you are after. The obvious downside is the weight and limited viewing angles.

I went ahead and bought the logitech. Not real happy with it. It doubles (or more than doubles) the weight of the tablet and the keys provide no tactile feedback.
2nd July 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 88

303 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mears

I went ahead and bought the logitech. Not real happy with it. It doubles (or more than doubles) the weight of the tablet and the keys provide no tactile feedback.

I agree with mitchellvii on this one. It is a very nice implementation, but there are obvious trade offs. I don't see how they could have made it much lighter and included a keyboard. Or, how they could have improve the keyboard feedback without making it thicker. If you want a thin and light protective case with included keyboard, this one will be hard to beat.
3rd July 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 90

847 posts
I looked at it. Didn't like the glossy black.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread