Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Logitech Keyboard for 10.5 inch version

Tip us?
 
csmits
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 56
Join Date: May 2010
Default Logitech Keyboard for 10.5 inch version

Logitech announced a keyboard case specific for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10inch)
It can be pre-ordered now for 99 USD and should be available this month.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...alaxy-tab-s-10

I wonder if I should go for that or the standard Samsung Keyboard. Does anybody now when this would be available?
 
dwd3885
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 821
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmits View Post
Logitech announced a keyboard case specific for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10inch)
It can be pre-ordered now for 99 USD and should be available this month.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...alaxy-tab-s-10

I wonder if I should go for that or the standard Samsung Keyboard. Does anybody now when this would be available?
i'd trust logitech on making a great keyboard more than samsung.
 
mears
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Looks like neither are available yet. Logitech is accepting pre-orders on their site. I was really hoping to be able to find a cheapo Chinese cover, since I've been really happy with the $30 one I bought for my iPad Air, but it looks like there really aren't many keyboard covers to speak of for Android tablets. Dropping $100 on a keyboard that I'll use infrequently is a tough pill to swallow. Bummer.
 
a2thec
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2010
Looks exactly like the cheap overpriced keyboard they sell at best buy for the tab 3. I like the way the Samsung one looks more so than what I've seen with the previous case/keyboard, I prefer the "Platinum" best buy brand over this one.
 
mitchellvii
Old
#5  
mitchellvii's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1060
Posts: 4,822
Join Date: Jul 2010
BestBuy has these in stock now. Very nice if that's what you are after. The obvious downside is the weight and limited viewing angles.
 
mears
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii View Post
BestBuy has these in stock now. Very nice if that's what you are after. The obvious downside is the weight and limited viewing angles.
I went ahead and bought the logitech. Not real happy with it. It doubles (or more than doubles) the weight of the tablet and the keys provide no tactile feedback.
 
GeorgeP
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 289
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mears View Post
I went ahead and bought the logitech. Not real happy with it. It doubles (or more than doubles) the weight of the tablet and the keys provide no tactile feedback.
I agree with mitchellvii on this one. It is a very nice implementation, but there are obvious trade offs. I don't see how they could have made it much lighter and included a keyboard. Or, how they could have improve the keyboard feedback without making it thicker. If you want a thin and light protective case with included keyboard, this one will be hard to beat.
 
dwd3885
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 821
Join Date: May 2010
I looked at it. Didn't like the glossy black.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more