Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 46,589 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Making The Jump From Jelly Bean to KitKat On The AT&T Note 3!

Tip us?

RacecarBMW
Old
(Last edited by RacecarBMW; 2nd July 2014 at 09:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Some help please?

And yes I have a Rogers version of the Note 3 SM-N900W8 ... thats the issue?

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by posersk8r View Post
Wait up, i was reading on your post on q n a section and you said you have a rogers note 3? Sm-n900w8?
Yes I do and I think thats the issue right now right?
Xperia Play > Motorola Razr > Galaxy S II > Xperia T > Galaxy S III > Galaxy Note II > Galaxy Note III

Need a Dropbox account? Use this link. thanks

posersk8r
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacecarBMW View Post
Some help please?

And yes I have a Rogers version of the Note 3 SM-N900W8 ... thats the issue?

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Yes I do and I think thats the issue right now right?
yes it is. you don't need any of this and AFAIK you have an unlocked bootloader lol! go to the note 3 forums you'll get a lot of help there. the note 3 n900w8.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

RacecarBMW
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
yes it is. you don't need any of this and AFAIK you have an unlocked bootloader lol! go to the note 3 forums you'll get a lot of help there. the note 3 n900w8.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Is there a specific forum for the n900w8?
Xperia Play > Motorola Razr > Galaxy S II > Xperia T > Galaxy S III > Galaxy Note II > Galaxy Note III

Need a Dropbox account? Use this link. thanks

SKaustin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just want to say thanks to everyone here - I have successfully updated my De La Vega rooted MI9 to NC2. Woot! Since I have simple needs (just want to debloat and wifi tether) I originally planned to update to stock OTA KitKat then use TowelRoot, but my phone refused to cooperate. It wouldn't even complete the OTA MJ5 update, and I couldn't get it to fully unroot using SuperSU Pro - even the Samsung guys at Best Buy couldn't flash the update for me. So I started looking into alternatives and after many hours of reading threads here decided to take the plunge. So glad I did. Everything went smoothly.

Well, except I had the same problem some others have had where on the initial boot the touch screen wouldn't work. But I remembered others saying that the pen worked, so I tried that. Problem disappeared after a second reboot.

Nikon5400
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
The difference is the roms available. I can flash any rom i want available here except the ones build on official at&t nc2 firmware which require the new bootloader. A big difference but that is for me.
Are there kitkat roms with MJ5 or only JBs?

shane1981
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon5400 View Post
Are there kitkat roms with MJ5 or only JBs?
Mj5 is jb only. Kitkat is mlg and nc2 but read threads carefuly about kitkat roms its a bit confusing sometimes .do your homework before you do any changes .

Sent from my SM-N900A