Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Forgot to select stack file when use fireflash

OP gizzvn

19th June 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Well this is my second times to root a kindle fire hd 8.9, i alway follow this guide when root it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277105
But i messed up and in the end, i forgot to select the stack file when flash using FireFlash and at the end of result, can run TWRP recovery, installed Cyanogenmod ROM but it got stuck up at Cyanogenmod's screen. I think its my fault that no select the stack file to override when use FireFlash. Now i can only run TWRP, already lost the backup, cant go back to a state when use FireFlash due to installed new ROM.
Im really need someone know how to fix this . Please help me.
20th June 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 610

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you can get into twrp then you are fine, every time a ROM is flashed the stack override is redone. If the stack override wasn't in place you wouldn't even be able to get into twrp if I remember right.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
2nd July 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #3  
Flag Keene

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

If you can get into twrp then you are fine, every time a ROM is flashed the stack override is redone. If the stack override wasn't in place you wouldn't even be able to get into twrp if I remember right.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

Well I've been trying to figure out what I've done wrong trying to do 2nd bootloader+TWRP in order to flash CM, and used Fireflash. Everything went smooth until I rebooted and now I'm stuck at the Amazon Kindle logo static. Based on what you just said stunts513, apparently I must've overlooked checking the stack because I can't get into twrp. :/ off to scour the forum and somehow figure out how to fix this lol.
2nd July 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 610

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
You will need to run "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" while the device is unplugged and off, then plug it in after the command prompt says waiting for device. If it doesn't goto fastboot it'd a driver issue and I can explain that later, running late for work.
3rd July 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #5  
Flag Keene

8 posts
More
I finally figured out that I needed to open up another command prompt to enter the fastboot flash commands. So it's back to working now. Off to try and get TWRP/CM loaded on to it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread