Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,909 Members 37,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New to custom roms, running PA rom

Tip us?

lambda231
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] New to custom roms, running PA rom

New to running custom roms on phone, usually I just stick to stock but after a week of running COS I was about ready to return my phone. Found paranoid android, read the thread and got it running on my phone. I have to say it completely changed my opinion on the phone and I am loving the experience so far. 2 things though

1) Proximity sensor not working when in a call, not THAT big of a deal but I didn't know if it had already been reported for this rom yet as I read some of the other roms were experiencing a similar issue.

2) This maybe just me not being able to find stuff but is there a way to keep the notification/status bar from going into auto-hide? Although having full screen is nice, I am so used to seeing the status bar that I would like the option to display it.

Other than those two issues, I am loving this rom, even donated to the dev just because it turned a mediocre/almost bad experience into a positive one.

Running pa_find7-4.4-20140626 with micro mod gapps

Thanks for the help!

octonaut
Old
Thanks Meter 2
On PA, there are multiple settings to change notification and what not. As far as proximity sensor, it may be wise to wipe and reflash. I've installed PA on mine and don't remember having an issue with it at all.

One hint, most these apps automatically turn gesture while screen off. If you carry phone in pocket, it will turn torch on and start music without you ever touching the phone. This goes for most of the roms though!

best of luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambda231 View Post
New to running custom roms on phone, usually I just stick to stock but after a week of running COS I was about ready to return my phone. Found paranoid android, read the thread and got it running on my phone. I have to say it completely changed my opinion on the phone and I am loving the experience so far. 2 things though

1) Proximity sensor not working when in a call, not THAT big of a deal but I didn't know if it had already been reported for this rom yet as I read some of the other roms were experiencing a similar issue.

2) This maybe just me not being able to find stuff but is there a way to keep the notification/status bar from going into auto-hide? Although having full screen is nice, I am so used to seeing the status bar that I would like the option to display it.

Other than those two issues, I am loving this rom, even donated to the dev just because it turned a mediocre/almost bad experience into a positive one.

Running pa_find7-4.4-20140626 with micro mod gapps

Thanks for the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to octonaut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]