Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,630 Members 39,696 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.4 port from Wickedleak Wammy Passion Z+

Tip us?
 
MerbinJAnselm
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chennai
Smile Android 4.4 port from Wickedleak Wammy Passion Z+

Wickedleak has released Android 4.4 update for Wammy Passion Z+. The guide for updating and downloading Android 4.4 image have been given*.

The specs for Canvas HD and Passion Z+ are nearly the same. Is it possible to port android 4.4 for Canvas HD from Passion Z+, so that CHD users can taste the sweetness of Kitkat!!

*Pls Google the term 'plusdroid how-to-install-android-4-4-on-wickedleak-wammy-passion-z'.. Thanks a lot!
 
cav1994
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerbinJAnselm View Post
Wickedleak has released Android 4.4 update for Wammy Passion Z+. The guide for updating and downloading Android 4.4 image have been given*.

The specs for Canvas HD and Passion Z+ are nearly the same. Is it possible to port android 4.4 for Canvas HD from Passion Z+, so that CHD users can taste the sweetness of Kitkat!!

*Pls Google the term 'plusdroid how-to-install-android-4-4-on-wickedleak-wammy-passion-z'.. Thanks a lot!
That's great, I hope some developpers will port this rom for the A116.
 
bharat_goku
Old
#3  
bharat_goku's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 523
Posts: 839
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerbinJAnselm View Post
Wickedleak has released Android 4.4 update for Wammy Passion Z+. The guide for updating and downloading Android 4.4 image have been given*.

The specs for Canvas HD and Passion Z+ are nearly the same. Is it possible to port android 4.4 for Canvas HD from Passion Z+, so that CHD users can taste the sweetness of Kitkat!!

*Pls Google the term 'plusdroid how-to-install-android-4-4-on-wickedleak-wammy-passion-z'.. Thanks a lot!
i just checked the zip its not 4.4 ,its a modified jellybean

Code:
ro.board.platform=MT89_V7
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=V6
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=V7-user 4.4 JOP40D eng.scm.1376732295 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=iO/V9/V9:4.4/JOP40D/1382747059:user/test-keys
ro.build.flavor=mt89_v6_x2jnd_vinus_jb2_sw_mul
ro.build.characteristics=default
# begin mediatek build properties
ro.mediatek.version.release=ALPS.JB2.MP.V1.3

ro.mediatek.platform=MT6589

ro.mediatek.chip_ver=S01

ro.mediatek.version.branch=ALPS.JB2.MP

ro.mediatek.version.sdk=1

as far as i remember its jellybean release build properties in build.prop
and i dont think a factory release would add the v6 super charger script,de odex,root,add init.d scripts and viper4android in their stock rom release an
Phones
Xperia U
Samsung galaxy ace plus-Sold!
Nokia N900???wtf!
Xperia live-stolen
HTC Hero-Smashed under a truck

ROM -testing builds
My works -
Hero GSM
Herodeck
RoseV5[Sense 2.3.3]
FroYo 2.2
LiGux

Miui Porting Team Member
<< =======If I've helped you with my post just hit the thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bharat_goku For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
blackbeard
Old
#4  
blackbeard's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 429
Posts: 666
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Somewhere around you

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerbinJAnselm View Post
Wickedleak has released Android 4.4 update for Wammy Passion Z+. The guide for updating and downloading Android 4.4 image have been given*.

The specs for Canvas HD and Passion Z+ are nearly the same. Is it possible to port android 4.4 for Canvas HD from Passion Z+, so that CHD users can taste the sweetness of Kitkat!!

*Pls Google the term 'plusdroid how-to-install-android-4-4-on-wickedleak-wammy-passion-z'.. Thanks a lot!
That's not kitkat. Its a themed jellybean. There are a ton of threads saying this, why don't you search before posting?
Also instead of requesting others to port, you could try doing it yourself. Everyone else is as busy as you are

PROBABLY RETIRING FROM XDA

http://www.syntaxsofts.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackbeard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ams73
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 25
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat_goku View Post
i just checked the zip its not 4.4 ,its a modified jellybean

Code:
ro.board.platform=MT89_V7
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=V6
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=V7-user 4.4 JOP40D eng.scm.1376732295 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=iO/V9/V9:4.4/JOP40D/1382747059:user/test-keys
ro.build.flavor=mt89_v6_x2jnd_vinus_jb2_sw_mul
ro.build.characteristics=default
# begin mediatek build properties
ro.mediatek.version.release=ALPS.JB2.MP.V1.3

ro.mediatek.platform=MT6589

ro.mediatek.chip_ver=S01

ro.mediatek.version.branch=ALPS.JB2.MP

ro.mediatek.version.sdk=1

as far as i remember its jellybean release build properties in build.prop
and i dont think a factory release would add the v6 super charger script,de odex,root,add init.d scripts and viper4android in their stock rom release an
I have followed those instructions on plusdroid and my passion z+ now shows 4.4, see the screenshot. I don't understand the intricate technical things through.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-21-21-46-28.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	2755797  
 
arnabkhanra
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 22
Join Date: May 2014
Lightbulb just a build.prop edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams73 View Post
I have followed those instructions on plusdroid and my passion z+ now shows 4.4, see the screenshot. I don't understand the intricate technical things through.
Check api level using apps like Hardware info by JFDP labs. If it is kitkat api level should be 19
The Following User Says Thank You to arnabkhanra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes