Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 53,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Might get an M8vzw soon, wanna see how development is

Tip us?

TenderloinShadow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Default Might get an M8vzw soon, wanna see how development is

So I had planned to stick with my old d2vzw (Verizon S3) through next year, but I think it just physically died on me. So I may need to upgrade way, way sooner.

The M8, I believe is the only phone on Verizon currently capable of flashing AOSP based ROMs. Can anyone chime in with how development is?

I've seen Liquid (my fav) and a GPE port are on this forum, but I don't see anything else. How is the ROM selection overall?

I can't leave Verizon, not an option. I hate them so ****ing much.

faded03cobra
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I am loving the GPE rom. Haven't had any issues at all.

robocuff
Old
(Last edited by robocuff; 17th June 2014 at 04:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 81
There's a lot more roms available than just the ones you see on the VZW M8 forum. Check out the development forums on the regular M8 forum. Most of them work on Verizon but you need to read to make sure a given rom works on Verizon phones.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8
The Following User Says Thank You to robocuff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JB_Da_Greatest
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by robocuff View Post
There's a lot more roms available than just the ones you see on the VZW M8 forum. Check out the development forums on the regular M8 forum. Most of them work on Verizon but you need to read to make sure a given rom works on Verizon phones.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8
Wow I was missing out on a lot of roms I thought roms were only compatible in this forum

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Don't judge a book by it's cover, better yet just read the back...

dunn816
Old
Thanks Meter 11
There's plenty of roms and tweaks available for the m8. I personally recommend it. I'm using the viperone Rom which is my fav as of right now.

HTC ONE M8👍

DEVICE__ HTC ONE M8
ANDROID__ 4.4.2
VIPERONE ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to dunn816 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PsiPhiDan
Old
Thanks Meter 628
LiquidSmooth, CleanROM, Vanir, AOKP, CM, BadSeed, InsertCoin, Viper, GPE, SlimROM, Pac-Man, Paranoid Android, etc. The usuals are all present and accounted for.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to PsiPhiDan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

carfreak715
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm using the Google Play Edition ROM and couldn't be happier.

Abe21599
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderloinShadow View Post
So I had planned to stick with my old d2vzw (Verizon S3) through next year, but I think it just physically died on me. So I may need to upgrade way, way sooner.

The M8, I believe is the only phone on Verizon currently capable of flashing AOSP based ROMs. Can anyone chime in with how development is?

I've seen Liquid (my fav) and a GPE port are on this forum, but I don't see anything else. How is the ROM selection overall?

I can't leave Verizon, not an option. I hate them so ****ing much.
M8 is not the only vz phone that has AOSP ROMs available, G2, Moto X for an example. just have to look.

neoreeps
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I've always been partial to CM myself. Love the M8, by far the best phone ever IMHO. I've used gpe port and viper but keep going back to cm.

If you want to get into development, I've never seen any project as well documented as cm. Their wiki can take any noob and have them building from source in just a couple hours.

/* sent from cm11 on m8vzw */