Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 43,032 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] flashing sling 2.2

Tip us?
 
kcuf12345
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default [Q] [Help] flashing sling 2.2

i have a optimus g (f180l). i had it successfully converted to e975(10f) with unlock bootloader (mako) cwm.
i wanted to try this rom... sling 2.2 but im always stuck at lg logo hahaha.. i followed the instructions.. full wipe + install but still no luck.
dont know what to do please give me some advice.. thank you
 
kt-Froggy
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 588
Posts: 1,263
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: YVR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuf12345 View Post
i have a optimus g (f180l). i had it successfully converted to e975(10f) with unlock bootloader (mako) cwm.
i wanted to try this rom... sling 2.2 but im always stuck at lg logo hahaha.. i followed the instructions.. full wipe + install but still no luck.
dont know what to do please give me some advice.. thank you
You should try factory reset after flashing - it might help. Also, when you are on 10F, what is your /system partition size? 2GB is needed for KitKat. If it's less, you need to follow some steps to increase the partiton size. I didn't have to do it myself (my /system partition on JB was already 2GB), but from what I understand, flashing Paulicat's ROM will do it for you. Check out this thread for more info.
Optimus G F180S, Sling v2.2.2 (KK 4.4.2)
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted US stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kcuf12345
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
You should try factory reset after flashing - it might help. Also, when you are on 10F, what is your /system partition size? 2GB is needed for KitKat. If it's less, you need to follow some steps to increase the partiton size. I didn't have to do it myself (my /system partition on JB was already 2GB), but from what I understand, flashing Paulicat's ROM will do it for you. Check out this thread for more info.
like other versions sir my converted e975(10f) has 25.04GB internal memory/2GB ram... i have a stock converted e975(10f) now.. ill try your suggestion sir.. thank you very much
 
kt-Froggy
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 588
Posts: 1,263
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: YVR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuf12345 View Post
like other versions sir my converted e975(10f) has 25.04GB internal memory/2GB ram... i have a stock converted e975(10f) now..
That's not what I was talking about... You are referring to the total internal storage and RAM, but I meant how much of that internal storage is allocated to your /system partition. Depending on the firmware version, it's either 1.5GB or 2GB. You can easily check it using apps like TiBU or some system utilities, or just by typing "df" in the terminal emulator. In order to flash Sling ROM, you need 2GB. My /system was already 2GB, so I didn't have a problem flashing Sling. But if it's 1.5GB, it seems that you need to flash Paulicat's KK first, that's why I linked the corresponding thread for you.
Optimus G F180S, Sling v2.2.2 (KK 4.4.2)
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted US stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
 
kcuf12345
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
That's not what I was talking about... You are referring to the total internal storage and RAM, but I meant how much of that internal storage is allocated to your /system partition. Depending on the firmware version, it's either 1.5GB or 2GB. You can easily check it using apps like TiBU or some system utilities, or just by typing "df" in the terminal emulator. In order to flash Sling ROM, you need 2GB. My /system was already 2GB, so I didn't have a problem flashing Sling. But if it's 1.5GB, it seems that you need to flash Paulicat's KK first, that's why I linked the corresponding thread for you.
i've tried your linked sir.. uhm this is what had happed.. ive reflashed the kdz e97510h in the post. root the phone and install mako cwm. ive flashed the paulirom. wipe... etc. then flash the sling 2.1 wipe again. install the patch ... + su.. wipe ---- reboot.. it booted but. after a while there is a "kernel-error" that flashed in the screen ill try again to do it
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes