Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kit Kat Limitation- Make up your mind Google

Tip us?

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4127
Quote:
Originally Posted by BclingergFJ View Post
Frankly, an upgrade of little value.
Maybe for you. How do you use yours? For me, 4.4 was like getting a new tablet. All the internal apps were upgraded (for the better), the UI was refreshed to match the Pro's (sans M-UX which is actually a benefit), and Hancom, e-Meeting, and SideSync all work beautifully on 4.4. On top of that any hint of lag's gone and I'm getting better battery life. I'm guessing other productivity users are as pleased as I am. For people that aren't productivity users they'd be better off with a Tab S. As for the Note 8, seriously? Going back to a 189 PPI display would be downright painful. I couldn't leave my N10.1-12's 147 PPI display fast enough.

BclingergFJ
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Extensive spreadsheet and pdf manipulation.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

JustARandomGuest
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BclingergFJ View Post
No performance gained on the 3/8, though the 8 suffers a pen alignment annoyance that is inconvenient.
I actually thought the 10.1 didn't have this pen alignment problem until I tried to select/copy in terminal emulator. For whatever reason, there and there alone, it's bad. Really bad -- like nothing near where I'm trying to select. If anyone can confirm/deny whether this isn't just my own 10.1 (P600) I'd appreciate it.

smac7
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
Maybe for you. How do you use yours? For me, 4.4 was like getting a new tablet. All the internal apps were upgraded (for the better), the UI was refreshed to match the Pro's (sans M-UX which is actually a benefit), and Hancom, e-Meeting, and SideSync all work beautifully on 4.4. On top of that any hint of lag's gone and I'm getting better battery life. I'm guessing other productivity users are as pleased as I am. For people that aren't productivity users they'd be better off with a Tab S. As for the Note 8, seriously? Going back to a 189 PPI display would be downright painful. I couldn't leave my N10.1-12's 147 PPI display fast enough.
i'm with you. the only problem i have with kitkat is the sd card limitation but i'm rooted so it doesn't actually matter. I was pretty frustrated with the lag before the update, now it's perfect. Pen input with multiwindow seems to be way smoother too.
Formerly known as hockey4life0099

Devices: HTC ONE; Note 10.1 2014; HP Touchpad

warboat
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default Note 8 is a great tablet

I still have my Note 8 along with Note 10-14. I've kept my Note 8 on 4.2.2 and I'm done with update-itis as I find the Note8 works Soooo good as it is.
It's snappy compared with my Note10 which is on 4.4 rooted.
And it is the perfect size for jacket or cargo pants pockets.
I would love a better screen on the Note8, but in terms of functionality and size, it's a great tablet.
I won't let go of the Note 8 until Sammy makes us a Note Pro 8.x