No registration required

[Q] Jumping battery

OP galeshka

28th June 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
The problem:
Lately, well it's been quite a while actually... my battery stats seems to jump whether i'm charging or discharging.

While charging sometimes it jumps from 30% > 80% > 100% within 15 minutes (this is what happened today) while discharging, it jumps from 90 > 50 (this quite often) then to 20% > 5% then off. My max usage time without charging is usually less than 1 hour.

I've tried to do battery reset (charging while the phone is off until full, reset battery data, then use it till it 100% drained)
I've tried to charge from 30% to about 80/90% then use it as usual.
I used original charger from motorola, used blackberry charger, samsung charger, no difference.

Unfortunately no good. Currently the ad hoc solution is to use battery powerbank constantly while I'm not near electrical plug. But its bulky and well not the best solution.

My question is, does the problem lies in the battery or at the battery controller. Is there anyway to test where the culprit is?

Thanks in advance
29th June 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 545

1,236 posts
Donate to Me
More
Battery daemon Moto uses is imperfect in calculating the battery percentage.
However, the jumps you experience and the backup you're getting, looks like your battery has worn out.
3rd July 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo.ank

Battery daemon Moto uses is imperfect in calculating the battery percentage.
However, the jumps you experience and the backup you're getting, looks like your battery has worn out.

Hi, thanks for the input. My question then, will replacing the battery help to solves the problem? Cos lately the battery stats seldom runs over an hour. Here's a screenshot of my latest battery stats...

Droid Razr Battery Stats

Thanks in advance, all
3rd July 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 545

1,236 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galeshka

Hi, thanks for the input. My question then, will replacing the battery help to solves the problem? Cos lately the battery stats seldom runs over an hour. Here's a screenshot of my latest battery stats...

Thanks in advance, all

Your battery is definitely worn out. Replace it.

A new battery will certainly remove the issues..
Use the 10% mod though else you might still have infrequent jumps..
Last edited by neo.ank; 5th July 2014 at 08:58 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread