Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,654 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 7 for Surface RT

Tip us?

BurningKoala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Nexus 7 for Surface RT

Hi everyone, I was offered to trade my Nexus 7 (2013, 32gb) for a Surface RT (first model with keyboard), the tablets are both nearly new...I really don't know what do to because the surface as a bigger screen, better build quality, "split screen" and other things but it also has half PPI, a big chunky charger, double the weight and not that much apps.
I don't use the office suit or microsoft services, I use google stuff for calendar/mail/youtube and I use my tablet mostly for surfing the web, tapatalk, watching videos, listen to podcast, news and reading comics/books/school stuff...I think that i could enjoy a bigger screen for some of those things but not for others, also I'm worried about the resolution of the surface.
Any advice?

HarveyStyles
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Keep your Nexus. I have had both, and am currently eunning a Surface Pro 2 64gig, and the only reason is because my wirk uses aps that are almost inoperable on both android and ios.

It makes a, great portable substitute for a desktop pc, but if you dont use the office suit, you might as well stick with what you have.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bornjamerican
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I couldn't agree more and this is coming from a Surface RT owner. If the app development for RT devices was better, this be one hell of a machine. Other than using Microsoft Office I just surf the web and use it as a media player and Netflix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
Modem: UGKG3

If someone has helped you or you've learned something from a post, hit the "Thanks Button" and try to help someone else.

BurningKoala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I've seen that with the browser I can do almost all the things that I do with apps on android, so besides the app development on the surface do you still raccomend the nexus?

aknotts415
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Its really up to you. Is the bigger screen that much of a reason to trade? I just bought a surface RT on ebay new from the microsoft store for $199 when i could get the new nexus 7 2013 model for $170. So I chose the Windows RT tablet over it. It really boils down to what you do with it. I have a Galaxy S4 so I have my android apps there to get my fix and I love android. But I chose the Surface RT to get a big tablet (not hardly any apps for it)

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

to use for Netflix and web browsing
[COLOR="Navy"][B][SIZE="1"]Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 I545 4.4.2 NC5 Towelroot SafeStrap 3.72
Roms:
1.) Empty Galaxy NG2 by Thee Reggie Cheeks
2.) Echoe V26.1 4.4.2 SS UPSM Part2

gerke
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have both.
My Nexus 7 is lying in a drawer since I have the Surface RT.
Not missing anything