Remove All Ads from XDA

Nexus 7 for Surface RT

231 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
By BurningKoala, Senior Member on 28th June 2014, 03:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone, I was offered to trade my Nexus 7 (2013, 32gb) for a Surface RT (first model with keyboard), the tablets are both nearly new...I really don't know what do to because the surface as a bigger screen, better build quality, "split screen" and other things but it also has half PPI, a big chunky charger, double the weight and not that much apps.
I don't use the office suit or microsoft services, I use google stuff for calendar/mail/youtube and I use my tablet mostly for surfing the web, tapatalk, watching videos, listen to podcast, news and reading comics/books/school stuff...I think that i could enjoy a bigger screen for some of those things but not for others, also I'm worried about the resolution of the surface.
Any advice?
29th June 2014, 04:37 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3
Keep your Nexus. I have had both, and am currently eunning a Surface Pro 2 64gig, and the only reason is because my wirk uses aps that are almost inoperable on both android and ios.

It makes a, great portable substitute for a desktop pc, but if you dont use the office suit, you might as well stick with what you have.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th June 2014, 02:14 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 28
I couldn't agree more and this is coming from a Surface RT owner. If the app development for RT devices was better, this be one hell of a machine. Other than using Microsoft Office I just surf the web and use it as a media player and Netflix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
29th June 2014, 05:29 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
I've seen that with the browser I can do almost all the things that I do with apps on android, so besides the app development on the surface do you still raccomend the nexus?
30th June 2014, 08:20 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 232
Its really up to you. Is the bigger screen that much of a reason to trade? I just bought a surface RT on ebay new from the microsoft store for $199 when i could get the new nexus 7 2013 model for $170. So I chose the Windows RT tablet over it. It really boils down to what you do with it. I have a Galaxy S4 so I have my android apps there to get my fix and I love android. But I chose the Surface RT to get a big tablet (not hardly any apps for it)

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

to use for Netflix and web browsing
3rd July 2014, 02:10 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0
I have both.
My Nexus 7 is lying in a drawer since I have the Surface RT.
Not missing anything
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread