[Q] Nook Color (rooted) - Possible to use a bluetooth headset?

OP eGPdroid

23rd April 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Device: Nook Color
Headset: Motorola H375

I've been trying to connect my bluetooth headset to use as a mic for my rooted Nook Color. As some of you may know, rooting a Nook Color unlocks it's bluetooth capabilities. I can get the headset to successfully connect with my Nook Color,but whenever I attempt to use it in an app I always get the "Can't connect to Google at the moment" message. This is whether the WiFi is on or not, and it's affecting all of my apps that support voice commands including Google Now and Assistant. I also noticed that it seems to happen after I connect my headset to my Nook Color.

So I wondering if bluetooth headsets are supposed to work with a rooted Nook Color. It seems a few persons have had success in terms of making voice calls, so I've heard. Others however say that it's an hardware issue and it can't be resolved.
3rd July 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGPdroid

Device: Nook Color
Headset: Motorola H375

I've been trying to connect my bluetooth headset to use as a mic for my rooted Nook Color. As some of you may know, rooting a Nook Color unlocks it's bluetooth capabilities. I can get the headset to successfully connect with my Nook Color,but whenever I attempt to use it in an app I always get the "Can't connect to Google at the moment" message. This is whether the WiFi is on or not, and it's affecting all of my apps that support voice commands including Google Now and Assistant. I also noticed that it seems to happen after I connect my headset to my Nook Color.

So I wondering if bluetooth headsets are supposed to work with a rooted Nook Color. It seems a few persons have had success in terms of making voice calls, so I've heard. Others however say that it's an hardware issue and it can't be resolved.

I have not tried bluetooth headphones but I use my nook color as my stereo for my car and stream the music using bluetooth. The bluetooth works for streaming music on the nook color but it has to be close to the receiver. If I move my tablet more than a foot from the receiver, it will loose connection.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bluetooth, headset, nook color, rooted
Previous Thread Next Thread