Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,048 Members 46,223 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help to recover from boot loop on XOLO Q1000 opus

Tip us?

sushant747
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Need help to recover from boot loop on XOLO Q1000 opus

The recent update on my Xolo Q1000 opus was making the device unstable so i got an older update.zip from a post on XDA and tried to install the same using the "software update"option in about device menu in settings,

i was getting the error assert failed: !less_than_int(1320917475, getprop("ro.build.date.utc")) , on googleing around i figured that i needed to change the build.date in build.prop on my phone, i did that and restarted the hone , have been stuck in boot loop ever since ,

i dont have CWM installed, as the same is not available anywhere for Xolo Q1000 Opus , which is a broadcom device, my phone is rooted, please help me how to revocer from the boot-loop.

emperorsum
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Hi I have the same problem.. did you solve yours?

emperorsum
Old
(Last edited by emperorsum; 10th May 2014 at 06:41 PM.) Reason: Phone update
Thanks Meter 20
Mobiistar LAI Touch 504Q is the exact same phone as the Xolo Q1000 Opus. This phone sells in Vietnam.

I had been going through some Vietnamese forums using google translate.

I'd like to share the knowledge I gained from the Vietnamese forums

To get into Stock Recovery of Xolo Q1000 Opus (Mobiistar touch Lai 504Q in Vietnam) do the following:
1. Hold Power button for 3 seconds till phone vibrates.
2. When Phone Vibrates, Leave the Power button.
3. Quickly press and hold the Volume up button till recovery loads (you probably don't have to hold it that long).

Note: The Stock Recovery doesn't allow you to flash ROMS to /system or /boot etc.. I don't know if its the same case after rooting though.
I have been lead to believe that you cannot flash any ROMS with the stock recovery.
Luckily, minhdangoz from Vietnam is working on an open-source CWM Recovery for this phone.

EDIT:
post kit kat update.. to enter stock recovery:
To get into Stock Recovery of Xolo Q1000 Opus (Mobiistar touch Lai 504Q in Vietnam) do the following:
1. Hold Power button for 3 seconds till phone vibrates.
2. When Phone Vibrates, Leave the Power button.
3. Quickly press and hold the Volume UP+DOWN (together) button till recovery loads (you probably don't have to hold it that long).

reetpriye1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Go to xda site and search for ''regarding rooting of my xolo q1000 opus" go to that thread.here there is a way to flash android 4.2.2 rom on opus by using multidownloader app just install that rom by this way your phone will boot up whatever it is in any condition.hit thanks if u like.