Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 39,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Your opinion about Android L

Tip us?

guidoido004
Old
Thanks Meter 197
No, they may want to lock the source. Tho, you can run any modification you want, if you know how to do it. In 1.5 it was a hell harder than it is today. So seeing people complaining about being hard to put a mod because you have to move stuff through folders, give permissions, and use a terminal, make me incredible nervous.
Still, I highly doubt they will lock the source. Android growns due the freedom of its open source. So no, it will stay opened, what the OEMs does is problem of the dumb people who gets their devices because they want a trademark logo instead of a good device.
Don't get me wrong, but I'm really offensive when I get offended with something.

Former SMARTPhones: Nokia E61, Moto Q, HTC P4351, Nokia N85, Moto Dext/Cliq(Morrison/MB200), Moto Atrix (Olympus/MB860), Sony Xperia S(Nozomi/LT26i), Samsung Galaxy S Advance(SII Lite/ i9070).

Gilbert_Sarip
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Android L is like a revolution upgrade, not by looks, by the API's they put in it & ART will be default.
As a android developer I'm really surprise how much easier some API's have become, and ART is a big deal in developing for android.
Can't wait to start using those API's.
Q: Will LG release Android L for our E975?
If so I'm stick with this phone, love the Optimus UI, its really easy to use.
else have to buy a Nexus or G2 or G3.
HTC Wildfire >> LG Optimus G E975 >>???
Device: LG Optimus G E975
OS & Kernel: Stock LG Rom (KitKat 4.4.2)

Javier_Vzla
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert_Sarip View Post
Android L is like a revolution upgrade, not by looks, by the API's they put in it & ART will be default.
As a android developer I'm really surprise how much easier some API's have become, and ART is a big deal in developing for android.
Can't wait to start using those API's.
Q: Will LG release Android L for our E975?
If so I'm stick with this phone, love the Optimus UI, its really easy to use.
else have to buy a Nexus or G2 or G3.
Well, i think our Optimus G officialy die with KitKat 4.4.2, i don't believe that LG will update our device to Android L, or almost near in the future.
RIP Optimus G with Official updates, now its only on the hands of the developers!

Galileo
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier_Vzla View Post
Well, i think our Optimus G officialy die with KitKat 4.4.2, i don't believe that LG will update our device to Android L, or almost near in the future.
RIP Optimus G with Official updates, now its only on the hands of the developers!
Am I the only one who doesn't really like the new UI? I didn't even like the Kitkat UI tho, so incosistent.
HTC mytouch 4g Slide 4GB Memory (Currently being used by brother).
SilverL CM10.1.2 Android 4.2.2
Jelly Kang 1.9 Android 4.2.2 with WILD kernel.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG Optimus G E975/77
CM10.2 Stable
Liquid smooth 2.37 Official

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't really like the new UI?
Are you talking about the L? Then no, you are not the only one... I find some new functionality quite impressive, but the UI is just ugly (to my taste). Also, can't understand what the big deal is about the new animations, shadows, etc. (basically, the whole Material Design thing)...
Optimus G F180S, Sling v2.2.2 (KK 4.4.2)
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted US stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!

gboos
Old
(Last edited by gboos; 2nd July 2014 at 02:29 PM.) Reason: Addition
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
Are you talking about the L? Then no, you are not the only one... I find some new functionality quite impressive, but the UI is just ugly (to my taste). Also, can't understand what the big deal is about the new animations, shadows, etc. (basically, the whole Material Design thing)...

Happy to get the regular ART, but Android L is just to a version to sent older smartie's into retirement. Will see how CM's work is done with L. Don't think L is featured that well. Just to make it compatible to Wear and TV and so on ? Do I have to buey a new TV now ? For what ? Don't see serious graphical improvements. But everyone has his own opinion.

For me it is just creating a hug bubble with nothing serious in it.

Regards.

Mike

guidoido004
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by gboos View Post
Happy to get the regular ART, but Android L is just to a version to sent older smartie's into retirement. Will see how CM's work is done with L. Don't think L is featured that well. Just to make it compatible to Wear and TV and so on ? Do I have to buey a new TV now ? For what ? Don't see serious graphical improvements. But everyone has his own opinion.

For me it is just creating a hug bubble with nothing serious in it.

Regards.

Mike
It has a lot of new features. Some even from PA. Paranoid Android devs themselves loved L because is finally getting where they wanted it to be. Also, I loved the UI, looks better, tho as I'm a oem firmware lover since my Xperia s, it may have helped a lot. Never liked stock aosp Ui anyway.
Don't get me wrong, but I'm really offensive when I get offended with something.

Former SMARTPhones: Nokia E61, Moto Q, HTC P4351, Nokia N85, Moto Dext/Cliq(Morrison/MB200), Moto Atrix (Olympus/MB860), Sony Xperia S(Nozomi/LT26i), Samsung Galaxy S Advance(SII Lite/ i9070).

akahroba
Old
Thanks Meter 164
I don't like the new UI either. It's more like a custom launcher than a standard one for daily use.

tietganFTW
Old
Thanks Meter 91
IMO I think the new Material Design looks pretty cool. Features like lock screen notifications are also long overdue
Please hit Thanks if my response answered your question or helped you.

Guides:
[GUIDE] What to do if my phone doesn't turn on?

Device: LG Optimus G E975
ROM: CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat
Custom Recovery: PhilZ Touch Recovery

Javier_Vzla
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
I've been following the porting of Android L in the nexus 4 and almost ready, but missing some details, I wonder if there will be some developer who carries the Optimus G, after completion of porting this

Google Translate.

Tags
android 5.0, android l, optimus g