Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 52,070 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"OK Google" Detection Kills Voice Recording

Tip us?

SithDagger
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Dunno why it breaks it, but if you have root and want an alternative, google now for 3rd party launchers xposed module works great for me and it doesn't break any sound recording.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

Morningstar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Yeah, there's several things I can do as an alternative. Right now I'm just using a different voice recorder; might set up a Tasker profile later.

It's not that big of a deal, really. It's just annoying/surprising/disappointing that such a highly sought-after and anticipated feature breaks some of the core functionality on a high-end, popular, flagship device. It's even worse if the issue exists on all Samsung (Touchwiz) devices, which I'm trying to determine. Google dropped the ball on this one...

Sent from my SM-N900T
~astra petas~

Morningstar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
There's a minor update to Google Search rolling out. I haven't been able to find a changelog anywhere yet, but I just checked it out, and unfortunately it still breaks Voice Recorder. *sigh*

Sent from my SM-N900T
~astra petas~

satru
Old
Thanks Meter 18
from the screen- select Apps - google folder - google setting- search & now - turn on google now and follow the instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
I assume you mean the hotword detection? Google is enabling it randomly, account by account (at least that's my understanding). If you really can't wait, there's an app called 'UnleashTheGoogle' that allows you to enable it via debug/developer options. Google it.

Sent from my SM-N900T
SGN2
Master Copy