Moderator & RC/RT Committees - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Thanks Meter 9,010
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Immersed in Dark Matter
Originally Posted by Sefy
Here's all the steps that lead to the unfortunate early demise:
1) was on stock 2.2, updated using Kies to 2.3.3 = works
2) used SuperOneClick to root = works
3) installed Rom Manager from market, but flashing cwm didn't seem to do anything (recovery kept being original one)
4) used Odin to flash a Kernel (bhundven-blastoff-v2.5) with CWM = current "dead" state
- Phone boot loops (i'm seeing all the logos starting with Samsung 4G+, this is a 3G+ phone)
- I can go into Download Mode, but phone is unrecognizable on any PC, using any cable on any port
- I can go to CWM (v5.0) but i have no nandroid, i can't access SD card, PC still doesn't see the phone
Is there ANYTHING i can do to recover this phone ?
Thank you in advance!
You are all kinds of messed up.
First, this is the SGH-T959 and not the T959V
. The V denotes the Vibrant 4g which this phone is not.
Second, the phone was abandoned on 2.2 and never got an "official" update to 2.3.3. That again was the 959V.
Third, Not sure where you got bhundven-blastoff-v2.5 kernel from (I know who bhundven is though), but I would think that it is also from the 959V section
All is not lost though. What I need for you to do is pop open your phone and look at the sticker under your battery. Does it say SGH-T959 or SGH-T959V
. Another way to tell is that the 959V has a front facing camera, wheras the 959 doesn't natively.
If you do have the 959, then all you have to do is go into my Repo thread in the Dev section and download the stock JFD package and flash that via Odin. As long as you can get into Download Mode, you are not bricked. This will put you on a clean 2.1 eclair and you can use this method
I'll check back in a day or so. Good luck.
Edit: Not sure if you still have your TF101, but you can update that to KatKISS
and run KitKat like a baws.
"The work of men of genius, however wrongly directed, hardly ever fails to open the eyes of men to new possibilities."
- Dr. Victor Frankenstein (Mary Shelley)