Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,208 Members 38,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting

Tip us?
 
foster016
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
Default Rooting

I'm trying to get use out of this aging tablet. I figured there aren't going to be any updates coming so I would finally like to root the device. However, everything I've read and tried is outdated and hasn't worked. I was wondering if someone could help me root my device. I'm not looking to run any ROM or anything. I'd just like to have root and superuser access so I can uninstall a lot of unwanted apps. Below is my device information. I've just recently done a factory reset and have not installed any drivers on my computer. Starting fresh.

Computer:
- Windows 7 64-bit
Tablet:
- Android Version: 4.1.1
- Build number: 10.4.2.18

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Restorer
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 511
Posts: 1,275
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by foster016 View Post
I'm trying to get use out of this aging tablet. I figured there aren't going to be any updates coming so I would finally like to root the device. However, everything I've read and tried is outdated and hasn't worked. I was wondering if someone could help me root my device. I'm not looking to run any ROM or anything. I'd just like to have root and superuser access so I can uninstall a lot of unwanted apps. Below is my device information. I've just recently done a factory reset and have not installed any drivers on my computer. Starting fresh.

Computer:
- Windows 7 64-bit
Tablet:
- Android Version: 4.1.1
- Build number: 10.4.2.18

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There is a one-click solution to root that should work on your device if that is all you want to do:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2228613
Phone: Nexus 4 Stock Android 4.4.4
Tablet: Asus TF201 on the Dream Combo: HairyBean 2.31 and Hunds F2FS Kernel
 
Pegaz-7
Old
#3  
Pegaz-7's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 266
Join Date: Feb 2012
If you will have some problem send massage I will help you
 


Phone: HTC Desire HD
More Info: http://pegaz7-info.webs.com/htc-desire-hd
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: ASUS Transformer Prime (TF210)
More Info: http://pegaz7-info.webs.com/


 
foster016
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorer View Post
There is a one-click solution to root that should work on your device if that is all you want to do:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2228613
I tried using Kingo. While the program said it rooted the device, I didn't have root access when I checked the app Root Checker and Titanium Back-up to uninstall all the unwanted apps.
 
shatterstar78
Old
(Last edited by shatterstar78; 3rd July 2014 at 12:16 PM.)
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by foster016 View Post
I tried using Kingo. While the program said it rooted the device, I didn't have root access when I checked the app Root Checker and Titanium Back-up to uninstall all the unwanted apps.
Is your device unlocked? If you're not and you don't have any warranty, try unlocking it first then use kingo. It's what I used on several TF201 with no problem, but they were all unlocked so I don't know if being locked would cause the problem.
 
foster016
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatterstar78 View Post
Is your device unlocked? If you're not and you don't have any warranty, try unlocking it first then use kingo. It's what I used on several TF201 with no problem, but they were all unlocked so I don't know if being locked would cause the problem.
My device is NOT unlocked. How do I go about unlocking it? After I do so, I'll give Kingo another try.
 
foster016
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
You can disregard! I tried Kingo again, without unlocking, and for some reason it worked this time! I am currently uninstalling all the bloatware. Thank you all for your help.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Google Glass XE20.1 Update Brings Improved Contacts, Head Nudge, New Cards and Commands

Ever since Google unveiled Android Wear earlier this … more

Remote Control Your Android Device with Monitordroid

The Android OS showsgreat potential in many areas. One of most interesting things that … more

Intel Partners with Unity to Support Android on Intel-Based Devices

Intel, largely known for their long-standing reputation as the king of … more

Device Review: Samsung Gear Live

Recently, Google announced Android Wear to the world. Android Wear is the Android-based initiative from … more