[Guide] Root & CWM for the Alcatel One touch X'Pop 5035D.

Search This thread

Al3XKOoL

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2011
Tenerife (Canary Islands, Spain)
Ok thanks. I see that there was a Spanish version, thought it was this.

Now I have JB 4.2.2 but I want rom backup from spain yoigo company and I had the failure not create backup.

For those who do not know, the 5035x is also dual sim. Simply cut the plastic

Al3XKOoL

Mar 8, 2011
Good find with the 5035x being dual SIM. I imagine it also needs to be reflashed with a dual SIM firmware.

Yes but not with the stock of 5035D. Need custom Rom. I have JB 4.2.2 with everything working.
You just have to search the 4pda.ru forums. The MTS 975 is a 5035x of MTS company. Everything serves, also there is a section for 5035X/D.

Reactions: noidoi

xJuly

Jan 13, 2014
Does this tutorial works on One touch 5035X too? My problem is that after a factory reset, my apps are gone. If I try to enter in camera for example the app doesn't open and the display stays blank(the phone is not freezing). Anyone had this problem before?

noidoi

Jun 17, 2009
Bucharest, Romania
Thank you :)

Yes but not with the stock of 5035D. Need custom Rom. I have JB 4.2.2 with everything working.
You just have to search the 4pda.ru forums. The MTS 975 is a 5035x of MTS company. Everything serves, also there is a section for 5035X/D.

Hi. I just rooted my phone last night and installed 4.2.2 from 4pda.ru. I am happy because the phone is working better than before (with 4.1.1). It responds faster, no signal issues etc. Thank you kindly for your guidance.:good:

Gianmarco93

May 22, 2014
Hi. I just rooted my phone last night and installed 4.2.2 from 4pda.ru. I am happy because the phone is working better than before (with 4.1.1). It responds faster, no signal issues etc. Thank you kindly for your guidance.:good:

May you give me the link about the rom 4.2.2? I' can't understand russian very good, also google translator don't help me.
Thank you in advance!:cowboy:

noidoi

Jun 17, 2009
Bucharest, Romania
4.2.2 link

May you give me the link about the rom 4.2.2? I' can't understand russian very good, also google translator don't help me.
Thank you in advance!:cowboy:

Hi. The rom is on page 13 on the mentioned site (look fo скачать 4.2.2 ver002 and you will find it). But before using it you must root your phone and choose a recovery option! I have used Vroot and for recovery i use TWRP. Download the rom and put it on the root of your phone micro sd card. After that, boot into TWRP and look for Wipe section. There you must do wipe cache, wipe factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. Once done, go to Install section (in TWRP) look for the rom file (finish_002.zip) and select it. Be patient and wait until the installation is finished. It will take a while also the first boot into 4.2.2. Have fun :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gianmarco93

Gianmarco93

May 22, 2014
Hi. The rom is on page 13 on the mentioned site (look fo скачать 4.2.2 ver002 and you will find it). But before using it you must root your phone and choose a recovery option! I have used Vroot and for recovery i use TWRP. Download the rom and put it on the root of your phone micro sd card. After that, boot into TWRP and look for Wipe section. There you must do wipe cache, wipe factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. Once done, go to Install section (in TWRP) look for the rom file (finish_002.zip) and select it. Be patient and wait until the installation is finished. It will take a while also the first boot into 4.2.2. Have fun :)

Thank you! It works!
But what about engineering mode? It seems gone...:(

Edit: With 3g call won't work.

Last edited:

Gianmarco93

May 22, 2014
engineering mode found. Install Mobileuncle from play store.

switch to 2G.

Another problem is front camera, disable sceene mode to work. (Only on camera app)

any help to fix these problems?
Thanks a lot.
I've Flashed the version edited by MAX547. Now engineering mode works,just go to settings-developer options.Front camera has already sceene mode off. Not working for me :(
Proximity sensor dosn't works good yet.:(
Excellent gps! Now Epo options are unlocked. Fix in 5-10 seconds.:good:
There are also other versions for our phone:
-Miui. (Anyone has flashed it yet? I think that it needs the use of mtk flashing and tools.)
Miui has got the FOTA Feature. Cool!

noidoi

Jun 17, 2009
Bucharest, Romania
Details

Thanks a lot.
I've Flashed the version edited by MAX547. Now engineering mode works,just go to settings-developer options.Front camera has already sceene mode off. Not working for me :(
Proximity sensor dosn't works good yet.:(
Excellent gps! Now Epo options are unlocked. Fix in 5-10 seconds.:good:
There are also other versions for our phone:
-Miui. (Anyone has flashed it yet? I think that it needs the use of mtk flashing and tools.)
Miui has got the FOTA Feature. Cool!

Hi. Please tell me if we are talking about the same source or roms. If not, could you please provide a link or something? Thank you kindly. I can test any rom so i'm in for Miui :)
The only issue i have with 4.2.2 rom is that i cannot select the network type - it is automatically on GSM/WCDMA preferred and i cannot select another. And the mobile data is not working until i select WCDMA only network type. Any suggestions?

Zyquil

May 13, 2013
That was indeed a great find on the ru forum for the 4.2.2 roms. I'm planning on flashing the Miui v5 4.2.2 via TWRP. Anything I should know beforehand?

Al3XKOoL

Mar 8, 2011
Infos

Try putting the sim in the other slot. 5035X is dual sim.
I have tried all roms, but I do not like miui, lewa ... very Chinese.

To operate the front camera,change light mode (Disable Auto). Only work on camera app, don't work Hangouts, Skype...

We should compile all possible between all info on current problems, since Russian is somewhat complicated to understand :good:

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Try putting the sim in the other slot. 5035X is dual sim.
I have tried all roms, but I do not like miui, lewa ... very Chinese.

To operate the front camera,change light mode (Disable Auto). Only work on camera app, don't work Hangouts, Skype...

We should compile all possible between all info on current problems, since Russian is somewhat complicated to understand :good:

These roms might work 100% if we could compile the kernel, we have the source code for ICS 4.0.4 but

Any help to update source code? have many sources to other MTK6577

Gianmarco93

May 22, 2014
Hi. Please tell me if we are talking about the same source or roms. If not, could you please provide a link or something? Thank you kindly. I can test any rom so i'm in for Miui :)
The only issue i have with 4.2.2 rom is that i cannot select the network type - it is automatically on GSM/WCDMA preferred and i cannot select another. And the mobile data is not working until i select WCDMA only network type. Any suggestions?

In the main page of the topic about 5035d there is a list of rom, it's under " unofficial firmware" (Неофициальные прошивки). Press it and then press 4.2.2 and you will find the classic jb 4.2.2 and the MIUI(If you want the direct link ask me in pvt).The zip includes scatter,boot and recovery image. I don't know ho to flash via twrp.
For the mobile data : Change slot of the sim, and you will be able to use wcdma only, gsm only, auto gsm/wcdma.

Zyquil

May 13, 2013
In the main page of the topic about 5035d there is a list of rom, it's under " unofficial firmware" (Неофициальные прошивки). Press it and then press 4.2.2 and you will find the classic jb 4.2.2 and the MIUI(If you want the direct link ask me in pvt).The zip includes scatter,boot and recovery image. I don't know ho to flash via twrp.
For the mobile data : Change slot of the sim, and you will be able to use wcdma only, gsm only, auto gsm/wcdma.
How exactly do I flash the roms available on their site? If it's via cwm I'm doomed since my usb port isn't working and I only have TWRP installed.
Tried flashing both Miui v5 4.2.2 and JB 4.2.2 but I keep getting stuck at the boot logo.

Al3XKOoL

Mar 8, 2011
How exactly do I flash the roms available on their site? If it's via cwm I'm doomed since my usb port isn't working and I only have TWRP installed.
Tried flashing both Miui v5 4.2.2 and JB 4.2.2 but I keep getting stuck at the boot logo.

Just flash from TWRP work. You make factory reset? Wipe data/cache and test.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zyquil

Zyquil

May 13, 2013
Just flash from TWRP work. You make factory reset? Wipe data/cache and test.

Very well :D

I actually went back to the stock firmware a few weeks ago because I need video call. Also slow proximity sensor.
3G really do not care.
Have you tried flashing MIUI v5? If there were any complications with it, do tell.
Barely got passed the setup since my phone's battery died, have to let it sit and charge for a couple of hours again.:silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DsQS8ru.jpg

Introduction
    When creating this thread i never expected that this topic would be this huge, let alone become a community place for fellow phone users to help each other and even create new improvements to our phone. Now as of 20 oktober i decided to make a rehaul of the guide and i hope it will make it even easier to understand and follow for newcomers.

I want to remind people that i am not responsible for any damage that might be caused using these methods, so use this at your own risk! ! Also know that by rooting your device your warranty is void. Since i am not the one who created this method, i want to give my special thanks to Mihalyh2 from the 4pda.ru forum. All i do is created a simple guide to root the phone and share this to fellow users.

Table of contents​
    #1. Getting started .
    #2. Installing CWM/TWRP/COT on your phone.
    #3. How to root your phone.
    #4. How to remove your custom recovery and root.
    #5. Tweaks/Themes/request and changelog

Getting started​
    Welcome, in this guide i will be explaining to you how step by step you will free your phone. You won't be blocked by the limitations of android and are able to change anything you want. Be careful though since it could possible make your phone unusable. Within a few steps you will be able to install a custom recovery and root your device. Don't know what root or custom recovery's are ? then check the links below

Why should i root my phone? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_rooting
    Why should i install a custom recovery? http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/ClockWorkMod_Instructions

Pre-install

Before we get started, i want you to install the following files below. This is required to make sure your device is recognised in Windows.

one-touch-upgrade-s-2-8-0-setup.exe (7.0 MB)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!RU4UHZQJ!W9_BIzTtbrDGsegSPXXbDSNT3TFtagYe8cUAIk2ZlGU

alcatel-onetouchmanager-2-2-1304-2345.exe (76.4 MB)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!oZ4xRaYL!IreBKDe97VgpWiDqi_wKSUnrI3ZxmoY1bTHS_9QNc94

Once you downloaded and installed the software, then your ready to proceed with the guide

Installing CWM/TWRP/COT​

Required Sofware

MTK droid Root & Tools ~Special thanks to rua1~
    http://dfiles.eu/files/uivp7rw4e

SP FlashTool ~Special thanks to DR_MOOSAVI~
    http://www.mediafire.com/?agsj3n4neniq054

Choose your preffered recovery

Installation​
    Currently there are 3 custom recovery's available (CWM/TWRP/COT), the installation of the recovery's are all the same.
    1. Download and extract the above files (MTK droid Root & Tools & SP FlashTool)
    2. Choose your preffered custom recovery
    3. Put this folder in the MtkDroidTools\backups.
    4. Start the Flash tool
    5. Press the button at the right called "Scatter-Loading"
    6. Go to that folder and look for the file called "MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc" And press open.
    7. You will be returned to the Flash program, you might wanna extend the size of the application so you can see all the files that are loaded.(like Preloader/DSP_BL/MBR up till ANDROID)
    8. Now uncheck all those boxes, so dont forget the ANDROID one.
    9. Check Recovery and click on recovery, it should open another windows where you have to choose your recovery. Now pick the recovery you have chosen to use..
    10. Once you done that, go do download and press yes on the upcoming error. Shut your phone off and connect your phone with USB to the phone. Now it should turn red to yellow and should copy the recovery to the phone. At the end you should see a green ring. (you might need to put out the battery and back in again to let it be recongized)
    11. Press power and the volume button (+) to get in to the custom recovery.
    Once succeeded use the volume buttons to navigate to the option reboot and press the power button. This should restart your phone and eventually you will be returned to Android
    Links
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38337401&postcount=5
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=439663&st=0
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1982576
    Installing CWM

Rooting your phone

Before we start to root your device, we need to make sure you are downloading the correct files. In order to do this you need to know what version of android you running. To do this is by starting your phone and follow the following steps.

1. Start your phone
    2, Go to settings
    3. Look for the option: About phone (should be the last option below)
    4. Look for the firmware and check what version you have. You either have 4.0.x (also called ICS) or 4.1.1 (Jellybean)

Once you done that you are ready to start the guide. Below you will fine the necessary files.

Rooting Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.x)

Required Sofware

Installation Part One (ICS)
    1. Install The Alcatel one touch manager and upgrade (preferable on the default path)
    2. Extract the ROOT ICS Android 4.0.x.rar to C:\ONE TOUCH Upgrade S 2.8.0
    3. Start your phone and make sure you enabled debugging via USB.
    4. Turn off the phone
    5. Restart your phone in to factory mode. You can do this by pressing the Volume button (-) and the power button at the same time.
    6. If done correctly, the phone should start and show a black screen with on top the word Factory mode. If not then restart your phone or pull out the battery.
    7. Connect your phone by using the USB cable, wait until Windows stopped searching for a driver (in my case it did not install the driver)
    8. Go to the ROOT ICS Android 4.0.x Folder, in my case it was at the following location: C:\ONE TOUCH Upgrade S 2.8.0\ROOT ICS Android 4.0.x
    9. Press shift and right click within the map, there should be a option called: Open Command Window Here. Click on it.
    10. It should now have opened the Command Window with the following line: C:\ONE TOUCH Upgrade S 2.8.0\ROOT ICS Android 4.0.x> Leave this as it is.
    11. Now go back to the folder ROOT ICS Android 4.0.x, and start the application called Install Root. This should start a command inside the Command Window, don't be afraid of the Russian words. Now it should restart your phone 3 times without any error.
    12. See the following Screenshot: http://imgur.com/Wcs1HHP
    13. Download Root checker from the Play Store, once installed you start the application and press Verify Root access. If done correctly you should see the following message. Congratulations! This device has root access

Installation Part Two (ICS)

1. Extract the files and install SP Flashtool and the MTKdroid application (prefferable on the same path)
    2. Download the Entire folder from the mega link (MTK Backup)
    3. Put this folder in the MtkDroidTools\backups.
    4. Replace the default boot.img with the patched one. (make a backup of the old boot.img), rename the patched one to Boot.img.
    5. Start the Flash tool
    6. Press the button at the right called "Scatter-Loading"
    7. Go to that folder and look for the file called "MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc" And press open.
    8. You will be returned to the Flash program, you might wanna extend the size of the application so you can see all the files that are loaded.(like Preloader/DSP_BL/MBR up till ANDROID)
    9. Now uncheck all those boxes, so dont forget the ANDROID one.
    10. Check BOOTIMG and click on BOOTIMG, it should open another windows where you have to choose your boot.img. Now choose the new boot.img that you put in the backup folder..
    11. Once you done that, go do download and press yes on the upcoming error. Shut your phone off and connect your phone with USB to the phone. Now it should turn red to yellow and should copy the recovery to the phone. At the end you should see a green ring. (you might need to put out the battery and back in again to let it be recongized)
    12. Restart your phone (might need to pull out of the battery to start it) and keep your phone connected to your pc.
    13. Now we are going to check if the installation worked by doing the following things, Go to your MtkDroidTools folder and open the "adb" folder. Inside the folder, press the following combination (Shift + Right click), it should bring up the following option "Open command window here". Press this option.
    14. You should now have started a command window in which you are able to type commands (in this case for ADB). Now the only thing you want to do is type the following command "adb devices" and press enter. You should see the following answer: http://imgur.com/NsTiCVv (There should be a device attached now)
    15. Second way of knowing if the installation has is by doing following this guide: Right-click "My Computer" on your PC, click "Manage", click "Device Manager". If the ADB driver is installed properly, and if you enabled "Debugging Mode", it will be listed under "ADB interface" or "Android USB Device". http://imgur.com/pdQR3gG

Rooting Jellybean (4.1.1)

If your phone is running Jellybean it's alot easier to root it. Don't ask me why but the installation is a lot simpler then with ICS. You even have the luxery to choose out of 3 methods. So this is what you have to do.

Required Sofware

Installation (JB)

Method #1
    1. If using this method you need to have CWM installed before attempting this.
    2. Next thing you do is downloading this
    3. Put the file on your SD card
    4. Restart your phone in CWM (By pressing the power button and the volume button (+) at the same time.
    5. Install the file by [Install zip from SD card] --> [Choose zip from sdcard]
    6. Restart your phone and install root checker from the Google Play market to see if your device is rooted

Method #2
    1. Shut down the phone.
    2. Download the Patched Boot Image Jellybean 4.1.x and extract it, make sure you rename the extracted file to boot.img
    3. Start the SP flash tool and like before you have to press Scatter-loading and load the same scatter file as before.
    4. Uncheck every box and press the boot.img, locate the extracted boot.img you just renamed and select it.
    5. The bootimg box should be checked now. Press download.
    6. Press yes on the upcoming error. Shut your phone off and connect your phone with USB to the phone. Now it should turn red to yellow and should copy the boot.img to the phone. At the end you should see a green ring. (you might need to put out the battery and back in again to let it be recongized)
    7. Restart your phone and install root checker from the Google Play market to see if your device is rooted

Method #3
    Some people suggested to use this method, i didnt try it yet so its your own risk. But it seems safe. Check the following thread about the installation.

Vroot: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2434453
    Progression & Tweaks/Themes/Mods

Now i hope by adding this to the community of XDA, people might be interested to start working on a Rom. Now we got Root and CWM working it should be possible to make new Roms in the future (CM, MIUI etc). I hope by adding this guide i helped some people. Dont forgot to press the thank button!
    Source of the phone & CM request

Also Alcatel released the souce code of several phones (including the Alcatel One touch X'Pop 5053D) on the following website:
    http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/sfnet_alcatel/releases/

Make sure to vote for an cyanogenmod for our phone by visiting the following link: http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/index....t:Porting-Cm-To-Alcatel-One-Touch-X'pop-5035D

Make sure to register so you can vote and leave an comment!

Tweaks/Themes/Mods

Deodexed your phone

ICS 4.0.x

JB 4.1

Thanks to velikimeda!

Backup files created for 5035X 4.1.1. (unconfirmed) - Thanks to andrei80

Audio increase
    How to increase the volume on the headphones through the engineering menu:

1. in the dialer dialing * # * # 3646633 # * # *
    2. scroll right to the section Hardware Testing
    3. select the item Audio
    4. enter the HeadSet Mode, in the first box, select the type of Media (I stood SIP default)
    5. field value Max.Vol bill in the 160. profit!
    Thanks to lipovandrey @ http://4pda.ru/.

Gps
    If you got any issues with gps, then you might want download the following app to fix your gps, it solved my issue atleast
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5jb2NoaWJvLmdwc3N0YXR1cyJd

If there are any issues please don't hesitate to ask!

Changelog

18 May 2013
    -How to root and install CWM on the Alcatel One touch X'pop

25 May 2013
    -Uploaded my recovery folder to make the installation of CWM a lot easier. (needs feedback to know if it works)

26 May 2013
    -Request a Cyanogenmod for our device at: http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/73516-Request:Porting-Cm-To-Alcatel-One-Touch-X'pop-5035D
    -Now there is a guide how to remove Root & CWM (tested and worked)

28 May 2013
    - CWM Thread: Added an alternative method for installing CWM (by using my recovery, should be easier and faster, highly recommended)
    - Progression Thread: New tweaks and tips will be added for the future (now includes a way to increase the audio for your headphone)

30 May 2013
    - Added a GPS fix if people were have trouble with it.

4 June2013
    - Layout changes to the guide

10 June 2013
    - Added a new way of rooting your device (Works with Adb now!) Thanks again to velikimeda!

11 June 2013
    - Thanks to Kevin-0100 you can now deodexed your phone by flashing the zip in the CWM (tested and it works) & updated the UI of the progression thread

18 June 2013
    - Thanks to velikimeda for adding options to root Jellybean devices (unconfirmed at the moment) PS: My bad that i did not see your post before!

8th of August 2013
    - Again huge thanks to velikimeda for deodexing the phone(for jellybean and ICS), creating new recoveries and boot images for the both the ICS and jellybean version!

20th of October 2013
    - Overhauled my guide, removed dead links and changed the guide
    How to remove Root & CWM
    Step 1. Shut down the phone.
    Step 2. Start the One touch upgrade S tool.
    Step 3. Choose your device and just follow the applications instructions.
    Step 4. The download and install time will take around 20/30 minutes. If for some reason the application crashes (mostly this will happen at the 100 % mark) .. then disable your firewall and anti-virus and maybe try a different USB port.

To see if it worked:

1. Download root checker once again and it should tell you the device is not rooted.
    2. Shut down the phone and press the power and the volume button (+) at the same time. It should show you something else then CWM (it should be yellow and telling you the following message: "Android System recovery <3e>
    Thanks, the root worked fine. The CWM I think works as well, but I'm not entirely sure

I am Glad to hear that! If you ain't sure about Cwm then you should install this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager&hl=nl

Once installed go to -> Recovery setup -> (Recovery already installed )Clockworkmod Recovery->
    Device is not listed above-> Clockworkmod 3.x+. Now you should see Below recovery Setup the
    following message "Current Recovery: Clockworkmod 5.X.X.X" If this Is the case then press the
    Reboot into recovery. (you might need to give permission with Superuser). Your phone will restart
    and boot into CWM.

Ps: if I helped you then make sure to thank me by pressing the thank button :)

Verstuurd van mijn ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5035D met Tapatalk